Swype, SlideIT, or ShapeWriter

Best Choice for Moto Droid

• Total voters

G-Money713

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Anyone use any of these keyboard apps on their Droids? I see that Swype is in closed Beta now, but is it any better than the others?

gotice

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely love Swype. I have not tried the others, but from what I have read elsewhere, Swype is the top of the line. Luckily I got into the beta, don't know how I ever did text before. The only thing I would like to see added is a voice button on the keyboard to enable speech texting and emailing

licotto

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I've tried all 3 (& have them all on my Eris). I started with Swype, however, and found the other 2 as alt's for friends that couldn't do the Swype beta. Once I tried each to figure them out, I liked parts of each, but overall I really liked the Swype experience better! (especially once I realized I could 'swipe' from the Swype key to the 5 to pull up a # pad! That made # entry SO much easier!!!! haha

G-Money713

May 20, 2010
Visit site
appbrain.

SlideIT Keyboard Lite
by Dasur
50,000 downloads, 2263 ratings (3.6 avg)
Free
rating7.png

ShapeWriter Keyboard
by ShapeWriter, Inc
50,000 downloads, 3091 ratings (4.1 avg)
Free
rating8.png

ronin1

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
SlideIT is my best text input method

I have Swype pre-installed on the Nexus One - so I can do comparisons, and it's not even close. SlideIT is quicker, cleaner, more accurate, handles other languages - and uses a much smaller memory footprint.

bbui4

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I've tried all 3 (& have them all on my Eris). I started with Swype, however, and found the other 2 as alt's for friends that couldn't do the Swype beta. Once I tried each to figure them out, I liked parts of each, but overall I really liked the Swype experience better! (especially once I realized I could 'swipe' from the Swype key to the 5 to pull up a # pad! That made # entry SO much easier!!!! haha

Wow, thanks for telling me about the # pad. I've tried Swype and SlideIT. I prefer Swype > SlideIT because the stock skin for slideIT is fugly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12