Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Breaking that Crackberry Habbit!

I don't know about you guys but I am really enjoying the Droid! I am coming from a BB Storm that I had since day 1 and its like a breathe of fresh air.

1. No more daily reboots
    2. No more having to close all apps
    3. No more constant memory watching
    4. No more waiting for the slow web page loads and every other data slow down because of BIS.
    5. No more LAG!

I am having a hard time breaking those tendencies though. Haha. How are you guys dealing with the Crackberry withdrawal.

Same here.. Coming from Storm 1, this phone rocks!

Been a blackberry person for years until this came along.. droid OS is unreal!

ROM
    Bamf 1.10 Cubed

Blackberries: 7520, 7100i, 8703e, 8830, 8310, 9530.

Only had mine for less than 24 hours but so far so good.
    Original Member

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

Nice to see so many coming over from Blackberry's I'm sure you will not look back...

Global Posts
    576 Global Posts

haha great post
    Roy Aguilera

No more paying for navigation.
    No more waiting on app world to update apps.
    No more non working themes.
    No more waiting on leaked updates.

ROM
    Bamf 1.10 Cubed

I will miss PIN and BB Messenger. After Katrina BBs were the only way to communicate with cell services down.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

There are a few 3rd party applications I will miss but that's about it.

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

I have been trying to break the memory thing. And trying to remember everytime I install something I don't need to do a batery pull. lol

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

CrackBerry until i die...even though I love the Android OS.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Default :(

Quote Originally Posted by jjenson View Post
    I have been trying to break the memory thing. And trying to remember everytime I install something I don't need to do a batery pull. lol
    Come on people, you guys...grrr the Storm 1 was bad but the 2 is a lot better. It isn't nice to bite the hand that fed you for sooo long.

BB Curve 8900(Javelin) baby!

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by The Liaison View Post
    Come on people, you guys...grrr the Storm 1 was bad but the 2 is a lot better. It isn't nice to bite the hand that fed you for sooo long.

It's like an ex girlfriend Liaison. You appreciated her at one point obviously or else you wouldn't had BEEN with her. But in the end she obviously gave you a reason to leave or she wouldn't be your ex.

Now that you are in your new fresh relationship your still shellshocked from the ex's habits you appreciate the new one so much more for NOT being your ex
    Original Member

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Liaison View Post

Sorry but a lot better just does not cut it. Still falls way short. The Blackberry OS is pretty long in the tooth about now and is in need of a major overhaul.

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

The Storm 1 was that bad and to get many of the leaked OS's to make it better in ways made it worse. THe original OS was not good at all that it came with. Coming from a dumbphone though it was great but still not very good from what I would expect.

But yes I did have to reboot once a day. 3 days now no reboot and no memory loss. I have about 25 - 30 apps and never lags with almost all running I couldn't do that if I wanted to with the S1.

It was a great phone while it was there but in no way does it compare to the power of this phone. imo

Never took home the S2 as it seemed to close to the S1 when demoing it. But like others have said that is not enough time to really know about it so my comparisons are to the S1 not the S2.

S2 could be great I really don't know but honestly this phone is so so so much more powerful than a S1. At least to me it is.
    Roy Aguilera

No need to reboot after deleting an app is also a plus.

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

I just upgraded to a Storm 2, and after a week, swapped it over for a Droid... Im afraid i'll have withdrawals, so hopefully email, twitter, facebook, yahoo instant messaging work as well as on my BB's.... Def wont miss battery pulls every couple hours or severe memory leaks!

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

There are some great tutorials on email. There is an app called Touchdown for exchange email that people seem to be loving. Honestly I don't think you will have to much trouble get to knwo the device and you will never want to go back. This phone is so much more powerful.

I agree, I will miss some of the apps, but man there are so many to replace them with. I am still amazed. I really liked my BB but this phone rocks.
    I have the exchange email working and I also downloaded touchdown and the interface is a lot better on touchdown. But they both work.
    Just my thoughts.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Big fan of crackberry. But I don't think I'm going back to using one!
    Roy Aguilera

I still have my S1. So I didn't completely jump ship.

I miss my BBM, plus I liked that a geotagged picture could have its location viewed in BB Maps. As much as I liked my Storm, I will not miss the daily reboot, reboots that took 3-4 min to complete, the constant spinning clock waiting for an app to open, opening the browser, typing in a website and watching the progress bar hang at "requesting." Blackberries are great devices, but not meant for consumers.

Finally a phone that does what I want and need it to do easily.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Default crackburried

I will surely miss my crackbury. Until they step it up that is.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts

I do have an addiction to my BB and I do miss her but right now, the Droid is doing everything that my BB did but faster. It's sad because I have always been a die hard BB fan, even took my friend to get her the S2 (she isn't ready for the Droid just yet). I sometimes feel like I am cheating on my BB.... **sigh**
    Roy Aguilera

It sucks. But I had to jump ship already. It was getting old. Getting 1 fix and then having BB break 3 others.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast