Problems with Yahoo Mail

tdblof#AC

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
i have no complaints about the phone other that when i attempt to set up my Yahoo Mail account it A. tells me as soon as i type in my email address that not all yahoo accounts work and then I when i type in my password it tells me one or the other is incorrect....all in all it refers you to yahoo.com if u have that problem and after searching Yahoo's help section im pretty certain they know nothing about it....but yeah is there any fix or a way i can just fwd all my yahoo mail to gmail instantly??

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
It used to be that only paid Yahoo accounts can be used in a POP3 client. If you're using a free Yahoo address, it may not work, but I haven't checked Yahoo's current policy on this.

LtVerizonmgr

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
There is a work around for Yahoo! free service. You need to manually configure the settings to make sure the incoming mail server is imap.mail.yahoo.com and the outgoing to smtp.yahoo.com. This is how we've been getting them working.

tdblof#AC

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
thanks guys....and i was worried that once i got rid of my blackberry that i'd be ****ed without crackberry.com haha.....any other reccomendations for sites specific to Android devices...the Droid is my first

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
you CAN get yahoo email on the Droid. It just takes a little work. best you can do is polling every 15 minutes. But, it DOES work. Just search the forums, follow directions, don't give up.

Remember, you are the master - Droid is the slave.