Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

Default Hope? button

Quote Originally Posted by isleshocky77 View Post
    Double tapping the hope button will take you not only to your home screen, but the center home screen. I've found this quite useful.
    I thought that double tapping the "hope" button would take you to a place where money grows on trees and and your house is worth more than the mortgage balance.

I realize it was a type-o but it made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    I thought that double tapping the "hope" button would take you to a place where money grows on trees and and your house is worth more than the mortgage balance.

LOL there's no hope button on my droid though.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post

haha. No type-o there. I consider it my hope button

To get into the programming menu, from the call screen, enter ##PROGRAM and press send. Enter code 000000.

In option 04, you can change the vocode option to EVRC-B, or 13K, it made my in-call audio sound better. I'm currently using the 13K setting. Your phone will reset after you exit and apply the new setting.

Warning: Be careful what options you change in the programming menu, you could potentially brick your phone.

Edit: Forgot to give the code of 000000 to enter at activation screen.
    Last edited by xliderider; 11-14-2009 at 02:44 PM.
    a little obsessive...
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.2.2 GS4

Quote Originally Posted by xliderider View Post
    To get into the programming menu, from the call screen, enter ##PROGRAM and press send.

In option 04, you can change the vocode option to EVRC-B, or 13K, it made my in-call audio sound better. I'm currently using the 13K setting. Your phone will reset after you exit and apply the new setting.

Warning: Be careful what options you change in the programming menu, you could potentially brick your phone.
    Freaking GOOD find! Where the hell did you find out how to do that at lol?!?! I bow to your greatness
    "Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy
    -Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by YoungChrisG View Post
    Freaking GOOD find! Where the hell did you find out how to do that at lol?!?! I bow to your greatness
    At HoFo. There is a lot of good information there, but there is a ton of stuff to go through to get the best tidbits.
    a little obsessive...

Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.2.2 GS4

At HoFo. There is a lot of good information there, but there is a ton of stuff to go through to get the best tidbits.
    That's what's up! Thanks for the tip!
    "Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy
    -Lao Tzu

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

To get into the programming menu, from the call screen, enter ##PROGRAM and press send. Enter code 000000.

Edit: Forgot to give the code of 000000 to enter at activation screen.
    +1 to this find!

This has helped my audio quality tremendously. Why wouldn't this be a default option already?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enhance...e_Rate_Codec_B

Quote Originally Posted by Soobs View Post
    +1 to this find!

This has helped my audio quality tremendously. Why wouldn't this be a default option already?

Enhanced Variable Rate Codec B - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Thanks for the link, so I guess I am going to change my codec from 13K to EVRC-B.
    a little obsessive...

For ringtones place your clip in "DriveofSDcard>media>audio>ringtones".

So far I've only done .mp3 ringtones, so don't know if it'll take other formats

Wow that made a big difference. Thank you
    Go Gators

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts

I have a case for my droid. Sometimes when I take it out it shows the date, time the weather and a little house on the upper left, some icons and then it just disappears. How can I get this screen back?

Beeray

ROM
    Plain vanilla :)

Quote Originally Posted by beeray View Post
    I have a case for my droid. Sometimes when I take it out it shows the date, time the weather and a little house on the upper left, some icons and then it just disappears. How can I get this screen back?
    It sounds like you have a case that uses a magnet. Your case is activating the multimedia dock mode and it's leaving the screen on while in your case.

You want to stop using that case. Did the Verizon store just sell you that one with your Droid? If so, take it back, they sold you the wrong one. The correct case for the droid uses velcro to keep the case closed.
    Roy Aguilera

Beeray
    Download DockRunner from the Market Place. It's a free download.

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts

Thanks to all for the help.

Beeray

How to make direction shortcuts

Long Press on an empty spot on your home... and create a new folder..

Open "Folder" and Long Press on the top frame of that window. Rename it name it to whatever you wish.

Now go back to home and Long Press on an empty space. Select Shortcuts. Scroll down to Directions. Fill out the boxes with your destination address, choose mode of transit, give it a name, select an icon, and press Save.

A new icon will appear on your desktop.. named whatever you called it in the previous menu... Just move it to your new folder, viola.. one touch directions...

Home, Work, Liquor Store...

Enjoy

(I found those while digging around on Yahoo answers)
    Thanked by:

Thanks darkstar. That's at least a work around for what should be in the final version.

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Instead of typing a period (.), you can hit space twice and it will appear automatically. Just like a blackberry (but 1284x better).

I'm sure you have found this...but when you're using the physical keyboard you can hold alt+dpad to jump all the way to the left/right/etc. Also alt+del = delete all text you've written. You can also click shift then alt+dpad to highlight all text.

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts

Is there a way to paste a picture that was downloaded to the homescreen? I don't want to use it as a wallpaper, I just want the pic there. Thanks for any help.

Beeray

If you want to add custom alarm ringtones for your alarm notification "alarm clock" plug your Droid into your computer, access the SD card, create a new folder on the card called "alarms", and drop the ringtones you want to use into the folder. When the phone is unplugged from the computer, the Droid will be able to use the alarm new tones.

Quote Originally Posted by lildudeus View Post
    If you want to add custom alarm ringtones for your alarm notification "alarm clock" plug your Droid into your computer, access the SD card, create a new folder on the card called "alarms", and drop the ringtones you want to use into the folder. When the phone is unplugged from the computer, the Droid will be able to use the alarm new tones.
    It's been suggested to set-up the card with the following structure:

/Media
    Alarms (Folder in Media)
    Ringtones (Folder in Media)
    Notifications (Folder in Media)
    /Music
    /Pictures
    /Videos

Where the Ringtones and Notifications can have duplicate files if you want.
    Last edited by xliderider; 11-20-2009 at 04:46 AM.
    a little obsessive...

Is there a way to paste a picture that was downloaded to the homescreen? I don't want to use it as a wallpaper, I just want the pic there. Thanks for any help.

Beeray
    Longpress on a blank area of the screen, select widgets>>picture frame. It lets you grab a picture from your gallery and place it on your scree, however it takes up 2 buttons worth of real estate, but it's a moveable picture.
    Roy Aguilera

Although themes are nice you can change an idividual icon by long pressing it and selecting change icon. Not sure if it is a dxTop thing or default.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

To just lock the screen rather than turning it off, keep touching the screen and press the top button.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast