Motorola Droid Tips, Tricks, and Easter Eggs
04-13-2014 10:50 AM
- You can easily add words to your dictionary while typing by long pressing on the word from the suggestion bar over your virtual keyboard.
First type the word as you want it to show, then execute a long press on the word in the 'word suggestion bar' next to the suggested words that highlight in bold orange... this long press will automatically save it to your dictionary.
If you add a word by accident, you can remove it by going to Settings ==> Language & keyboard ==> User dictionary, scroll down to find the word you input, select it, then press Delete.
found this one out today11-22-2009 05:00 PM
- I just wanted to share a few tips to help get the most out of the camera. The following is the way I have my settings that make Droid's camera much more pleasent to use.
Switch the focus mode to infinity. Because of the size of the lens and image receptor, you can get away with most shots except for real close up.
Clean the lens. For some reason Droid's camera is very sensitive to the oil and dirt from fingerprints. This will eliminate the fog effect around areas of bright contrast.
Turn down the resolution. Unless you plan on printing your pictures or cropping them (very handy at times), the added resolution is not needed for a Facebook post.
Turn off the flash. Although there are times to use it, leaving it off makes it more responsive.
Practice practice practice. It really is a pretty decent camera and can achieve some impressive results. I once read about a national geographic photographer who took a cross-country trip using only the camera on his phone. A large part of good photography is having a camera at the right place at the right time.
Feel free to share your tips and thoughts.11-22-2009 07:59 PMLike 2
- 11-23-2009 07:21 AM
And thanks for the long press on dictionary.11-23-2009 07:29 AM
- 11-30-2009 08:56 AM
Okay, so I was messing around on my phone in the car yesterday. I've tried to hook my other smart phones into my GRIFFIN, FM transmitter to listen to music, to no avail.
I decided I would attempt it with the droid. It worked just fine. The analog jack fits the size of the FM transmitter. What's even better is when you get a call, it will pause the music you are playing and the call will generate through your car speakers.
Now this part is untested so far, but because the new power cords from Verizon work as the home charger and the USB cord, with the GRIFFIN TRANSMITTER there is a place on the top of the plug that will allow you to plug in your USB device to charge while you are plugged into the transmitter. A work around to purchasing a car charger? Maybe, but The Droid will charge off the computer when plugged in that way. I'll have to try it and get back.
EDIT: It does charge12-02-2009 04:22 PM
- 12-02-2009 06:03 PM
- 12-02-2009 06:06 PM
- I did a quick search and didn't see this listed so just in case you wanted to know, if you double tap the alt key on the slider keyboard that will enable number lock where a single tap allows the next click only to be for the alternate choice. It also locks it so any secondary option on all the other keys (&,%, $ etc...) and all you have to do is press the alt key again to turn it off.12-13-2009 08:57 PM
- Just found something sweet! When brousing the web in landscape, if you hit the vollume rocker up or down it acts as page up or down! Now I can slide the keyboard out wrap my pointer fingers around the back and scroll using the volume rocker! Woot!
Sorry if this is old news... didn't remember reading it anywhere...
edit... this is on dolphin browser...12-18-2009 01:06 PM
- The power control widget has three settings for auto-brightness. Off, Auto-Brightness, and Full Power. To turn the full brightness on, tap the icon once more than you would to turn auto-brightness on.
Handy when you're in the dark and need a quick flashlight, and don't want to open an LED flashlight app. Makes the screen that much brighter.
Also, when using the physical keyboard, and typing words that work with and without apostrophes (were v. we're, well v. we'll, ill v. I'll), skip the final letter in the word and it will auto-complete with the apostrophe. Saves the whole alt-apostrophe process.12-18-2009 05:48 PM
- Go to Google Maps and search for your house or a well known site; or simply press and hold somewhere on the map. A bubble will appear containing the text of what you searched for or the location you touched. Touch the bubble and you will get a menu. Scroll down to Street View and click that - it will show you a street-level image of that place that you can scroll around in - pretty cool, right? Now, this is where it gets really cool - touch the menu button and select compass mode - enjoy!!! :-)
If the image doesn't seem to follow your movement, wave the Droid around in a figure 8 which seems to recalibrate the compass.12-18-2009 10:50 PM
- I found a neat trick. Open the Voice Dial application and say "Open Battery Info". A screen will open up showing detailed info about the battery including charge level, voltage, etc. I haven't been able to get to this screen by any other method. I wonder if there are other "secret apps"?12-18-2009 11:00 PM
- I found a neat trick. Open the Voice Dial application and say "Open Battery Info". A screen will open up showing detailed info about the battery including charge level, voltage, etc. I haven't been able to get to this screen by any other method. I wonder if there are other "secret apps"?12-18-2009 11:05 PM
- I found a neat trick. Open the Voice Dial application and say "Open Battery Info". A screen will open up showing detailed info about the battery including charge level, voltage, etc. I haven't been able to get to this screen by any other method. I wonder if there are other "secret apps"?12-18-2009 11:12 PM
- 12-20-2009 04:09 AM
- On the virtual keyboards if you long press any button with "..." next to the letter or number it will bring up another list of options.
for example a long press on the "1" key will bring up options for "1 , 1/2. 1/3, 1/4, 1/8" or a long press on the smiley face will bring up other face options, there are many of these "..." keys12-20-2009 06:22 AM
- 12-20-2009 11:49 PM
- The Droid has preprogrammed shortcuts that you can use.
Simultaneously pressing search + b opens the browser, c = contacts, e = email, g = gmail, l = calendar, p = music, s = messaging, and y = youtube.
You can also change the shortcuts. Go into settings>applications>Quick launch.12-21-2009 12:12 AM
- Motorola Android Phones
- More Motorola Phones
- Verizon Droid Forums
- Motorola Droid
Motorola Droid Tips, Tricks, and Easter Eggs
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD