Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brooose View Post
    *#*#4636#*#* brings up a series of menus that provide interesting details about your usage and the ability to modify how your phone uses the PRL. I don't recommend messing with it but it is interesting, nonetheless.
    y it is not working in mine
    ERWIN

Quote Originally Posted by herki View Post
    The power control widget has three settings for auto-brightness. Off, Auto-Brightness, and Full Power. To turn the full brightness on, tap the icon once more than you would to turn auto-brightness on.
    Handy when you're in the dark and need a quick flashlight, and don't want to open an LED flashlight app. Makes the screen that much brighter.

Also, when using the physical keyboard, and typing words that work with and without apostrophes (were v. we're, well v. we'll, ill v. I'll), skip the final letter in the word and it will auto-complete with the apostrophe. Saves the whole alt-apostrophe process.
    Thanks for the tip on the apostrophes; makes it so much simpler.
    Thanked by:

Thanks for all the cool tips!

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

I just exchanged by BB Storm for a Droid and was feeling a little lost. Thanks for the great tips.

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Thumbs up

Also, when using the physical keyboard, and typing words that work with and without apostrophes (were v. we're, well v. we'll, ill v. I'll), skip the final letter in the word and it will auto-complete with the apostrophe. Saves the whole alt-apostrophe process.
    GREAT tip - thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by theguy386 View Post
    instead of having the "Google Search" bar take up space on your screen, you can simply press the search button on the bottom right..... the search bar will pop up and you can search as usual
    Actually, you don't even have to press the search button... If you use the slide out keypad, you can just start typing and then press enter. It does it all automatically

These tips and tricks should be compiled into a list and made into a sticky.
    GenericMessage

Quote Originally Posted by mrothschild View Post
    These tips and tricks should be compiled into a list and made into a sticky.
    It is a list........a ten page list :P

Plus it is a sticky

not sure if this was mentioned, but if you are using the physical keyboard, you can copy/paste/cut/highlight quite easily. All you have to do to copy, paste or cut is hold down the menu key(4 horizontal lines) and either press [c] to copy the selected text, [v] to paste the copied text or [x] to cut the text. also to highlight, you can hold down the shift key(arrow pointing up) and use the directional pad to select the text. All of this is much like a normal keyboard.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by nerdbox08 View Post
    Hello!

Okay, so I was messing around on my phone in the car yesterday. I've tried to hook my other smart phones into my , FM transmitter to listen to music, to no avail.

I decided I would attempt it with the droid. It worked just fine. The analog jack fits the size of the FM transmitter. What's even better is when you get a call, it will pause the music you are playing and the call will generate through your car speakers.

Now this part is untested so far, but because the new power cords from Verizon work as the home charger and the USB cord, with the there is a place on the top of the plug that will allow you to plug in your USB device to charge while you are plugged into the transmitter. A work around to purchasing a car charger? Maybe, but The Droid will charge off the computer when plugged in that way. I'll have to try it and get back.

EDIT: It does charge

Does anyone know if this works for HTC Eris? Would save my wife from buying an Ipod.

Is there a way to get swype on my phone as a permanent keyboard without rooting? I found one that was pretty nice but it was only a demo...

Guess I will thank myself on this one...found a swype file that works with the milestone and also the Droid!! I think it's awesome! Here is the page I found it on if you want it... let me know what you guys think
    Last edited by Crw1229; 08-06-2010 at 08:19 AM.

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts

I noticed this wasn't in here yet and I take no credit for it as I found it here in the forums.

Automatically Enter Voicemail Password
    Quote Originally Posted by isleshocky77 View Post
    Ok. So I found a way to make it a little better.

Settings > Call Settings > Voicemail Settings
    With keyboard close tap the text box which opens the on-screen keyboard. If you click the far lower-left "* # (" you'll notice there is also "Wait" which turns out to be ";" and "Pause" which is ",".

So if you change the number to "*86;XXXX#" when you dial your voicemail it will immediately popup with a confirm window asking when to send the tone XXXX#

If you make it "*86,,,XXXX#" it will send the tone XXXX# on it's own. I believe each comma is a second and I remember I used to use 3 on my palm treo (windows mobile) with verizon wireless. This seems to work best.

The only thing I don't like is that it shows the password on the screen.. but I suppose it would do that when typing it manually as well.

Let me know if this helps anyone or has a better way or suggestions.

P.s. In case it wasn't obvious the XXXX is your voicemail password.

thanks

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts

2.2 has added some new sound effects.
    There are now unique sounds for docking, undocking, locking, unlocking, and a low battery.

It confused me when my battery got down to 15% and my phone honked at me. The low battery sound is literally a honking noise. It's nice to have that though I guess.
    Banned

2.2 has added some new sound effects.
    There are now unique sounds for docking, undocking, locking, unlocking, and a low battery.

It confused me when my battery got down to 15% and my phone honked at me. The low battery sound is literally a honking noise. It's nice to have that though I guess.
    My friend was just talking about that the other day! How interesting...

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    ROM
    OEM

Swype left to right across keyboard for voice input.

It is just like pressing the little microphone!

Thanked by:
    dcreed 

Cool Shortcutting Contacts

Quote Originally Posted by dieselnut View Post
    you can also add the contact on your home screen by touching on the home screen and hold then a menu will pop up click shortcuts then pick a contact from there works great
    Now that's slightly useful. THANK YOU
    ҲҲƧƖƝƖƧƬЄƦҲҲ Moto-Droid User

Red face just my luck too

Quote Originally Posted by Dukins View Post
    Dog gone it I bought a program last night for this exact same thing. Wow this makes me feel real good. :o

And thanks for the long press on dictionary.
    LoL That's usually my luck too, as soon as i buy something, something else new comes out or i find what i just bought for less.
    ҲҲƧƖƝƖƧƬЄƦҲҲ Moto-Droid User

I haven't seen this mentioned, if you slide your finger upward beyond the letters on the stock touchscreen keyboard you get numbers and punctuation. Big time saver.

Quote Originally Posted by f1vefour View Post
    I haven't seen this mentioned, if you slide your finger upward beyond the letters on the stock touchscreen keyboard you get numbers and punctuation. Big time saver.
    Nice feature, but you have to hold your finger down the whole time. I wish it opened and stayed there. Sometimes I want to to type more than one number.
    Verizon Moto X - Stock

This isn't useful, but reading through, I see alot of people talking about how the screen turns off magically by itself when you hold it up to your ear. What phone did you have before the Droid? That's been a feature in ALOT of phones for years.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

James - the light sensor hasn't always been a default thing on older smartphones / phones in general, nor are they standard on BlackBerries of any kind. You have to remember that a lot of people might have just obtained newer phones, or switched from BlackBerries, or have never had a phone and made the right decision to obtain one running Android. Hope that helps ease some frustration.
    }i{ Amy the Gadget Queen
    Fun fact: I have had over 25 phones from all four major carriers and one prepaid carrier. The title says it all (:

Quote Originally Posted by xliderider View Post
    To get into the programming menu, from the call screen, enter ##PROGRAM and press send. Enter code 000000.

In option 04, you can change the vocode option to EVRC-B, or 13K, it made my in-call audio sound better. I'm currently using the 13K setting. Your phone will reset after you exit and apply the new setting.

Warning: Be careful what options you change in the programming menu, you could potentially brick your phone.

Edit: Forgot to give the code of 000000 to enter at activation screen.
    Does this only work on a stock ROM? I'm running a MIUI Rom and this does not work. It just tries to call the number instead of going into the programming menu.

useful, definitely. thanks man
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast