Motorola Droid Tips, Tricks, and Easter Eggs

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
To forward a text message press and hold the screen on the text message to bring up options lock message, forward, delete, copy, or call contact.

meshp1318

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Handcent SMS

If your using Handcent than holding the search button will be allow you to use quick reply with voice if you have it enabled in your handcent in addition to google voice search. You can also choose it to be your default action when holding the search key if you like and your like me who finds the google search widget just as handy as holding search.

ScottsdaleHokie#AC

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure most of you know this, but to the people that don't, when you're in your contacts list, if you click the person's picture, or where the picture should be, a menu pops up that lets you either call that person, send them a text or email, view their Facebook page, or just look at their full contact profile.

ScootD

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Hope? button

Double tapping the hope button will take you not only to your home screen, but the center home screen. I've found this quite useful.

I thought that double tapping the "hope" button would take you to a place where money grows on trees and and your house is worth more than the mortgage balance.

I realize it was a type-o but it made me laugh.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
I thought that double tapping the "hope" button would take you to a place where money grows on trees and and your house is worth more than the mortgage balance.

I realize it was a type-o but it made me laugh.

LOL there's no hope button on my droid though. :(

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
To get into the programming menu, from the call screen, enter ##PROGRAM and press send. Enter code 000000.

In option 04, you can change the vocode option to EVRC-B, or 13K, it made my in-call audio sound better. I'm currently using the 13K setting. Your phone will reset after you exit and apply the new setting.

Warning: Be careful what options you change in the programming menu, you could potentially brick your phone.

Edit: Forgot to give the code of 000000 to enter at activation screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: aabritt

YoungChrisG

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
To get into the programming menu, from the call screen, enter ##PROGRAM and press send.

In option 04, you can change the vocode option to EVRC-B, or 13K, it made my in-call audio sound better. I'm currently using the 13K setting. Your phone will reset after you exit and apply the new setting.

Warning: Be careful what options you change in the programming menu, you could potentially brick your phone.

Freaking GOOD find! Where the hell did you find out how to do that at lol?!?! I bow to your greatness :D

Noseeums

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
To get into the programming menu, from the call screen, enter ##PROGRAM and press send. Enter code 000000.

Edit: Forgot to give the code of 000000 to enter at activation screen.

+1 to this find!

This has helped my audio quality tremendously. Why wouldn't this be a default option already?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enhanced_Variable_Rate_Codec_B

theguy386

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
For ringtones place your clip in "DriveofSDcard>media>audio>ringtones".

So far I've only done .mp3 ringtones, so don't know if it'll take other formats

beeray

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
I have a case for my droid. Sometimes when I take it out it shows the date, time the weather and a little house on the upper left, some icons and then it just disappears. How can I get this screen back?

Beeray

DavinFelth

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I have a case for my droid. Sometimes when I take it out it shows the date, time the weather and a little house on the upper left, some icons and then it just disappears. How can I get this screen back?

It sounds like you have a case that uses a magnet. Your case is activating the multimedia dock mode and it's leaving the screen on while in your case.

You want to stop using that case. Did the Verizon store just sell you that one with your Droid? If so, take it back, they sold you the wrong one. The correct case for the droid uses velcro to keep the case closed.

R

Roy Aguilera

Beeray

Download DockRunner from the Market Place. It's a free download.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad