Google slow to sync

mskaplan

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Hey Folks, quick question-

There have been several instances where I notice that I have changed my Google calendar using my laptop, or received GMail, but the phone does not reflect either of those. I go into Settings --> Account and Sync --> My gmail and I see that my calendar and GMail have not synced for well over an hour. If I un-check and recheck the box it refreshes and everything shows properly, but I feel that the phone should be smart enough to sync automatically without me telling it to. What is the deal here? Similar issues with my POP3/IMAP email. I send and receive fine, but sometimes I see new mail on my laptop but nothing on my phone. I go into the mailbox, click refresh and the mail shows.

Basically everything is displaying fine, but only when I ASK it to. Shouldn't the phone be smart enough to check itself (POP3 polling set to 10 minutes.. I'm hitting refresh and getting emails from over an hour ago)

???

Thanks!!

mskaplan

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Gmail. Sync set to on. Have a theory it may be related to Advanced Task Killer. Set ATK to basically do nothing, restarted the phone, and now GMail seems to be working fine. Trying to figure out whether the other people having this issue all installed ATK...

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I have ATK installed and more often than not, the phone gets the mail before my browser has refreshed to see the new mail.

But - I don't have ATK actively doing anything but sitting in the background, and I manually kill anything I want to end at random points in my day.

mskaplan

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Hmm. I changed something in ATK. I had a box checked telling it to kill non-active programs running in the background, BUT had the frequency set to "NEVER" so I thought it wasn't doing anything. I have unchecked the box, and doing a lot of testing and seem to be getting GMail within about 30 seconds now. Bizarre. Suggest anyone else having the sync issues (seem to be a lot out there) take a look at ATK...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae