1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cannot connect to internet?

OK, Some back story...I just replaced my first droid with a second because of other issues...

But on that droid, did you guys ever have "cannot connect to internet" errors? From time to time (when I was in good coverage area) I would get that message. Usually I'd just have to click the notification or try and go on the internet or something and then the message would go away.

This could have been because that phone was a dud, but I wanted to see if anyone else had that happen.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

I never had any problems trying to connect to the internet. Would like it was a lemon hope number 2 works better for you.

getting the same thing, even when connected to WIFI...not all the time, but multiple times per day.

Global Posts
    513 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious JellyBean 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by ThirstyTurtle View Post
    getting the same thing, even when connected to WIFI...not all the time, but multiple times per day.
    Me too. Did a battery pull about an hour ago and havent ran into the problem yet.

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Default I am having the same problem

So I woke up this morning and could not get service. Normally not an issue where I live. On the notification bar all I have is the 4 bar strength indicator, 1 or 2 bars highlighted. No "x". Nothing that says 1x, or 3g. I hold down the power on/of button, put it into plane mode, then take it out, and the service comes back. Weird. Going to get a replacement. Not sure what the problem is.

Scott

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

I have had an issue recently where if I'm connected via WiFi in my home for a while (say 8 hours), my Wifi will disconnect. If I go into settings, the Wifi is shown as disconnected. Clicking it should turn it off. It tries to turn off and is unresponsive.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpace View Post
    I have had an issue recently where if I'm connected via WiFi in my home for a while (say 8 hours), my Wifi will disconnect. If I go into settings, the Wifi is shown as disconnected. Clicking it should turn it off. It tries to turn off and is unresponsive.
    There is a power setting for wifi that may help you... I have an issue with Wi-Fi not detecting the network when it's in range after coming home from work, until I select the network again (well enter the Wi-Fi settings screen).

Does anyone know if there is a setting to Auto-sense a network and Auto join that needs to be enabled?

Thanks!
    ~Demon
    Demon Droid! Root it Root it!

Default Re: Cannot connect to internet?

Quote Originally Posted by zandroid View Post
    Me too. Did a battery pull about an hour ago and havent ran into the problem yet.
    Great! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I have a 4g genisis android that will not let me onto internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Trevis View Post
    I have a 4g genisis android that will not let me onto internet.
    We need more information. Is it brand new? Do you have data turned on in the settings? Do you have WiFi on? How long has this been happening? Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2