Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

I have no problem setting up my yahoo mail at first I was lost until I went into manual setup and figured the procedure out from here its pretty simple only takes a min or two to set up
    Rooted for life

Global Posts
    758 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YoungChrisG View Post
    I found this on Solomandrin.net. Gotta love ol' Sal!

before you pay for such services you should try to set up your Yahoo account via IMAP following the next steps:

Make sure wifi is off

- Go to mail icon
    - Add account
    - Enter email address in email address filed (name@yahoo.com)
    - Enter password at password field
    - Select MANUAL SETUP not next
    - Select IMAP
    * username=
    * password = yourpassword
    * IMAP server= imap.mail.yahoo.com
    * port = 143
    * security = none
    * optional = blank
    - Select NEXT

You will then be prompted to sign in do so.

Will then be taken to the SMTP settings which only prompts (going form memory) you for address which is smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com. leave the port as is. Then select NEXT. Sign in. Name your account and thats it.

Special thanks to: JRSCCivic98 and to muddy00 from Crackberry.

NOTE: if you have any questions I don't have the answer lol so check out and leave him a comment
    Quote Originally Posted by gunther hops View Post
    I've been following the discussions about the detailed instructions here and elsewhere, and I still see people reporting problems. I'm not real tech savvy and I don't want any hassles.
    Is it really reliable long term now to use free yahoo email on the motorola droid?

If you follow the instructions you should be fine. At least it worked for me. I highlighted in red a couple of things that were important. First turn off wifi and second there was a typo so make sure you use SMTP instead of SMPTP

Worked like a charm...Many thanks!!
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

Time to die.

Worked initally... the default for IMAP on the Incredible is android.imap.yahoo.com

I got it running inittially, but it has not been able to do so since.
    P.S. I had the same problem with my Palm Pre (When I had it). Maybe Yahoo needs the money????

For those of you still having troubles, if you're not using Yahoo! as your primary mail service (if it's more of a back-up account, as is the case for me) and don't need push email or a cached inbox, I suggest trying the mobile Yahoo! Mail site. Pretty nice interface and while it's not ideal it gets the job done for my purposes. I do hope they fix this though because I'd love to have the Mail app working.
    Last edited by mr88; 05-01-2010 at 02:25 PM.
    Matt
    Using: HTC Incredible
    Formerly: BB Storm
    on Verizon Wireless
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Although it was written for the Incredible, with HTC mail, the FAQ I posted here might help some of you. I noticed there are several setting missing above that are included in the FAQ.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    Although it was written for the Incredible, with HTC mail, the FAQ I posted here might help some of you. I noticed there are several setting missing above that are included in the FAQ.
    This worked PERFECTLY and was easy to follow. Thanks so much.
    Matt
    Using: HTC Incredible
    Formerly: BB Storm
    on Verizon Wireless

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

The IMAP settings work on my phone to see emails for the Free Yahoo acct type that I have, but when I forward an email that either has embedded HTML pictures or even a simple attachment to anyone else's email address, everything gets stripped away! I can see the stuff on my handset but all that comes across to anyone else is a plain text email.

Free Yahoo email was said to be supported when the last OTA update came out to go to s/w version "AP:ESE81/BP:C_01.3E.03P". So what did that really mean for all of us?

A friend of mine had the same thing happening on her new Droid Increadible but her email menu settings are different than mine. She was able to tweak a file size setting to resolve it. Probably because of the Sense UI vs my stock Android 2.1??

This is sooo frustrating. Even VZW can't figure it out. Help!

Cheers guys that worked the treat I've now Yahoo on my phone through the native app, the yahoo mail app was slow as hell, so glad this works..

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    Very this works perfect

Default One reason why it may not work

I know this is an old thread but I was having issues setting up my yahoo email on my droid and finally decided to turn my phone off and then turn it back on and it set up without a hitch.

Just saying this may help any future people searching the forum.

I know this is an old thread but has anyone tried turning their phone off and then turn it back on and try setting up their yahoo mail? Because I was having the same issue with account name or password being wrong or not able to connect to server errors. Once I rebooted my phone, it setup without a hitch.

Hopefully this will help any future users searching the forum with this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by droidowner92 View Post
    it didnt let me get past the NEXT option..
    @scottsdaleserver I got the same problem. Any Luck? I changed my port number to 993 and it did some thingking and gave me a different error message. I geuss I'm making some progress.

Everytime I try it says cannot connect to the mail server. verify your account information. Server is not responding. I am finding this extremely frusterating.

My wife always had problems with her Yahoo account until I switched her to K9, FWIW.

For those having trouble,

Incoming - imap.mail.yahoo.com with port 993 and SSL all certificates

outgoing - smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com and port 587 - no security.

Of course you can also use Yahoo mail's android app

Quote Originally Posted by YoungChrisG View Post
    I found this on Solomandrin.net. Gotta love ol' Sal!

before you pay for such services you should try to set up your Yahoo account via IMAP following the next steps:

- Go to mail icon
    - Add account
    - Enter email address in email address filed (name@yahoo.com)
    - Enter password at password field
    - Select MANUAL SETUP not next
    - Select IMAP
    * username=
    * password = yourpassword
    * IMAP server= imap.mail.yahoo.com
    * port = 143
    * security = none
    * optional = blank
    - Select NEXT

You will then be prompted to sign in do so.

Will then be taken to the SMPTP settings which only prompts (going form memory) you for address which is smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com. leave the port as is. Then select NEXT. Sign in. Name your account and that’s it.

Special thanks to: JRSCCivic98 and to muddy00 from Crackberry.

NOTE: if you have any questions I don't have the answer lol so check out and leave him a comment
    This works great...if your WiFi is turned off. As soon as I did, it worked like a charm, thanks! So everyone, turn off your WiFi when setting up !

it gives me username or password is incorrect.....

Default Re: How to set up Yahoo Email Account!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHebe View Post

Of course you can also use Yahoo mail's android app
    Worked, thanks!

+ 1 for k9

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Originally Posted by SteveHebe

This is what finally worked for me!

Does not work for me... says the user name or password is incorrect (which it isn't). Bug in Android?

Smile Re: How to set up Yahoo Email Account!

Steve

Thank you so much for that info - I tried for hours last night to get that to work and your suggestion was like magic!

Question Re: How to set up Yahoo Email Account!

It doesn't work for me as well, getting message: "Username or password incorrect. (530 Access denied:Only Mobile users are allowed on this server).

The official yahoo help:

To set up IMAP on your mobile device please use these settings:
    Incoming Server - imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Outgoing Server - smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Incoming Port - 993 (requires SSL)
    Outgoing Port - 465 (requires SSL/TLS)
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast