How to set up Yahoo Email Account!

Scott4551

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I am getting " Email has stopped unexpectedly" and forcing closed....I can see all my email in the back but cant get to it....Any thoughts?

peterr22

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
i have noticed most of the previously mentioned problems are because of wifi...my yahoomail never works when im on wifi, says incorrect user/pass deletes messages, etc

overall, its still very glitchy, but NEVER works on wifi

Scott4551

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
It worked for me somewhat...I still get an error saying that the Mail application unexpectdly stopped and then forces closed...I can see all my mail in the background...Any thoughts?

peterr22

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
on another note...has anyone looked in their sent email box on the yahoo site? it duplicated one of my sent messages over 300 times, literally, and another one about 10

JGR4444

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
yea it worked for me but i do not recieve any emails.. probably the same problem as my facebook not reloading and sending me notifications.... idk why its doing this but hopefully they fix it soon

farundrpar

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Are any Yahoo users getting a message sent to your Droid that you have already deleted earlier? If I delete a message on my Droid and I do not get to my computer to delete the message before the Droid syncs again, it will re-deliver the message. Does that make sense? I keep getting like 14 new messages. Driving me crazy. Is there a way around that?

Thanks.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Yep I get that too. A reboot normally stops it for a few days. Then its back. Yahoo is horrible on droid which is my everyday email app. Hope they get it fixed pretty quickly.

stfd1249

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
can anyone tell me if the out going SMPT sever is the same as the incoming?? This is the first time I have had to manualy do this and I'm a bit lost. Thanks for any help in advance!!

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm getting the same issue where it shows I sent the same email 10 times. And now when I went to send an email to a developer from the market it automatically sends it from my yahoo acct. Went into settings to change it and I did. Went back to settings and it checked itself like I never did it. Now my yahoo acct is my default acct to send email and there is nothing I can do about it. How do I erase this d-a-r-n thing?

Edit: Disregard, I fixed it. Android needs to fix this ASAP!!!

Last edited:

Donkey Hodie

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
For those having difficulty setting up yahoo mail, have a look at this link (the same one provided by YoungChrisG earlier) and make sure you follow the instructions exactly. I just set mine up and had lots of the same difficulties people have posted here (unable to connect to server, etc) but I went through it step by step typing in exactly what was given on the page and it worked. Note in particular the last paragraph (which he doesn't have in the line by line instructions):

You will then be taken to the SMPTP settings which only prompts (going form memory) you for address which is smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com. leave the port as is. Then select NEXT. Sign in. Name your account and that’s it.

The default setup for the SMTP settings is mail.yahoo.com, you must type smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com.

Hope this helps.

briankeith513

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
For those having difficulty setting up yahoo mail, have a look at this link (the same one provided by YoungChrisG earlier) and make sure you follow the instructions exactly. I just set mine up and had lots of the same difficulties people have posted here (unable to connect to server, etc) but I went through it step by step typing in exactly what was given on the page and it worked. Note in particular the last paragraph (which he doesn't have in the line by line instructions):

You will then be taken to the SMPTP settings which only prompts (going form memory) you for address which is smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com. leave the port as is. Then select NEXT. Sign in. Name your account and that?s it.

The default setup for the SMTP settings is mail.yahoo.com, you must type smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com.

Hope this helps.

No longer works. Yahoo put a stop to this. I get "username/password incorrect"

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Actually works for me now, the first few times I tried couldn't get it to work but now it does. You have to make sure you type everything in exactly like in the directions, because the pre-populated fields are normally wrong. I missed a couple of those and thus why it took me a while. . . oh well live and learn. This makes one more tiny reason to love the Droid even more!

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Actually works for me now, the first few times I tried couldn't get it to work but now it does. You have to make sure you type everything in exactly like in the directions, because the pre-populated fields are normally wrong. I missed a couple of those and thus why it took me a while. . . oh well live and learn. This makes one more tiny reason to love the Droid even more!

ummm... it will work for a while, but it will stop working soon. i don't know if it's yahoo side, but once it starts working it seems that yahoo finds a way to block access sooner or later. mine worked for about a day then no more. i say if yahoo is going to be a bitch about it, might as well change all my emails to gmail, which i did.

DERacing

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
One thing I noticed with mine, was when I was trying to access it via wi-fi rather than 3G.

This may explain it. WIFI, wouldnt it appear as a browser same as a pc on the web and try to redirect to the standard site and not allow the uname/pw? But when running on 3G it recognizes the pipe as being from a mobile device.

Whenever I have wifi enabled, I get the invalid username/password error. Then, I can disable wifi and run across the 3g and it works fine.

Just a thought.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11