How to set up Yahoo Email Account!

JGR4444

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Yahoo Mail

is there a way around having to upgrade to yahoo plus for forwarding to gmail? i really do not want to upgrade because i dont think it is worth it.. lmk thanks!

YoungChrisG

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I found this on Solomandrin.net. Gotta love ol' Sal!

before you pay for such services you should try to set up your Yahoo account via IMAP following the next steps:

- Go to mail icon
- Add account
- Enter email address in email address filed (name@yahoo.com)
- Enter password at password field
- Select MANUAL SETUP not next
- Select IMAP
* username= name@yahoo.com
* password = yourpassword
* IMAP server= imap.mail.yahoo.com
* port = 143
* security = none
* optional = blank
- Select NEXT

You will then be prompted to sign in do so.

Will then be taken to the SMPTP settings which only prompts (going form memory) you for address which is smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com. leave the port as is. Then select NEXT. Sign in. Name your account and that’s it.

Special thanks to: JRSCCivic98 and to muddy00 from Crackberry.

NOTE: if you have any questions I don't have the answer lol so check out www.solomondrin.net and leave him a comment :D

LAADB

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
f-ing awesome find, thank you! this was seriously my only downer about this phone, but even that wasn't major since i could just go through the website. thanks again for finding and posting this.
icon14.gif

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Maybe I'm missing something here. That's how you set up any IMAP account. Pop w/ Yahoo was/is the issue, which will never work unless Yahoo gets their money. Sal admitted that he has no idea, and depended on his "tech guy" to set it all up. Sounds to me like he needs a new tech guy :D

YoungChrisG

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Lol to be honest I have no idea what a Pop or IMAP is lol. And I don't have a Droid....yet...it's on its way lol. But I saw that post and thought it might help so I figured I'd post it and see. I guess I need to do some research lol.

JGR4444

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
even though i was a total idiot about posting this thread i still got help.. this forum is awesome... your write up worked perfectly by the way so thank you very very much

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Also, before you pay for such services you should try to set up your Yahoo account via IMAP following the next steps:

- Go to mail icon
- Add account
- Enter email address in email address filed (name@yahoo.com)
- Enter password at password field
- Select MANUAL SETUP not next
- Select IMAP
* username= name@yahoo.com
* password = yourpassword
* IMAP server= imap.mail.yahoo.com
* port = 143
* security = none
* optional = blank
- Select NEXT

You will then be prompted to sign in do so.

Will then be taken to the SMPTP settings which only prompts (going form memory) you for address which is smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com. leave the port as is. Then select NEXT. Sign in. Name your account and that?s it.

This tip is from JRSCCivic98 and muddy00 from Crackberry.

Nice work. Adding to the FAQ.

D-LuX

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
i sent him a comment... it only loks up when it tries to setup the outgoing... I think my port info is incorrect, but i dont know where to find the correct port info

niner

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
i have yahoo plus and im still having problems. it keeps force closing. have it on SSL setting port 995. still problems....help! i need my emails :(

movieman742

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
WOW. I just want to say thank you, YoungChrisG. Porting this over from crackberry really helped me out. I've been having trouble with this account since I got the phone. Now I need to find out how to get my school email working.

xeking

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
lol... Mine is working again... However its being super strange... It will alert me when I have a new email but as soon as I exit out of mail, it deletes the messages... So I only show the last email in the inbox. IDK... oh well Also, its weird because Im getting my yahoo mail faster than Im getting my gmail... grrr