Instant messenger Apps

D-LuX

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm waiting on fedex to drop my phone off.

I did a search and couldnt find it.. But im hoping there is a yahoo instant messenger app? Or one that will interface with it? Pros/cons?

anon(697)

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Use Nimbuzz.

Fring is also about to release their app (I'm on their beta list and am liking it more than Nimbuzz at the moment).

Both apps do YIM, plus a load of other IM stuff - MSN, Skype etc.

Dave

murphster03

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Please keep this thread going. I haven't found a good IM app for yahoo messenger yet. HI Yahoo sucks, IM+ sucks, Meebo is ok, but you can't send files and it logs me off randomly and force closes. Seems as if Nimbuzz does this as well. At least with Meebo you can log in as invisible. It's the best I've tried so far.

mskaplan

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I've been using Meebo and pretty happy when it works. Nice user interface, pretty user friendly, etc. Also lets you log on to "facebook chat" which is cool. I will admit that I've had it force close on me a couple times. It hasn't happened enough times for me to really start looking for something else, but if it becomes a real pattern, I will. Haven't heard of any great alternatives, though. C'mon Android developers, lets get something good out!

Blacker.the.berry

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know of a good IM / Instant Messenger app that alerts you when a contact signs on or becomes available?

My inferior BB Storm used to do it. It was even able to set a custom "available" tone for each contact. I know my droid has to have an app that does that.

G-Money713

May 20, 2010
Visit site
i use meebo also, but ebuddy is goo too. neither notify you if a contact signs on, but both are free. i prefer meebo because it doesn't strain my battery as much as ebuddy.

scodoublet

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I like eBuddy the best. It had some issues before but now it seems to stay connected pretty rock solid and there is a nice battery saving option (but it delays incoming messages when you're phone is sleeping) Plus it supports Facebook chat which I use a lot!

Seven2k

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I updates my wifes hero to 2.1 now she is throwing a fit cause the Im program does not leave her signed on. SHe was able to do it before...anyone have any thoughts. She just wants to log in and stay logged in and message nothing fancy or file transfer.

Thanks

G-Money713

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I updates my wifes hero to 2.1 now she is throwing a fit cause the Im program does not leave her signed on. SHe was able to do it before...anyone have any thoughts. She just wants to log in and stay logged in and message nothing fancy or file transfer.

Thanks

eBuddy or Meebo IM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance