Problems Moto Droids

Bottlestopper

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Figured I would share my issues with my Moto Droid since purchase in January.

First phone died in 1 day. Kept shutting down. New replacement.

May-
Phone continually restarted..phone got real hot by the camera. Re-manufactured replacement.

Microphone went out on that phone in a week. Re-manufactured replacement.

After another week this phone had major static issues.

Called CS and got offered an Eris, I said no way as it is a downgrade. They gave me no alternative besides BUYING a "new" droid or take another re-manufactured one.
Re-manufactured replacement sent.

Needless to say, these re-manufactured replacements have been total crap and figure there is no way I will get another Moto.

redman213

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Wow get a supervisor and talk them into getting you an Incredible?

Thats a lot of BS for one phone to do...you didn't install any weird apps or do anything to it did you?

Unknown User

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Verizon Wireless used to have a procedure called the "Multi-Fru procedure". Pretty much if you had a phone replaced out 3 times in a 90 day period you had the option to be moved to a phone of equal or lesser value of your choosing but unfortunately this procedure was done away by VZW earlier this year.

See if you can use this to bluff your way into the Incredible. If not I also recommend going to the store and asking for the store manager, and if the store manager can't help you out, ask for the contact information for their district manager, and just in case they try this stupid stunt like they did me 1-800-922-0204 is not the number to the district manager.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Sadly the re-manufactured (they call them, certified, like new, replacements) are the only "free" alternative you'll get with warranty issues. I've done these exchanges before on some of my old phones, and it was kinda hit or miss, but there are some decent ones out there. The only time they exchange NEW equipment for a warranty issue is in the first 30 days, or if there is a known defect with the device, and they swap it out with a new "Warranty replacement unit" (they redesign the phone to take care of the known issue)

When you said they offered for you to buy a new droid, is that at the 2 year pricing again? If so that's not a bad deal (though it still sucks). That would be the new version of their "multi-fru" policy.

I would suggest against trying to push for an incredible. for one thing, the phone is on backorder, so it's not likely they have them sitting around. For another, anytime a new phone is released, there are most likely a TON of people calling in trying to get a free "upgrade" to a new device. while your issues seem genuine, if you bring up the incredible as an exchange, chances are the rep will automatically assume you're just trying to play the system (one of the reasons they did away with Multi-fru) and shut down.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo