Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

Default Has anyone else had random rebooting?

Or is it just me?

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

*Knocks on wood*

PS. thought I was in a crackberry forum for a sec...

I have not seen any reports of this. Suggest you take it back to the store. Could be a battery issue...

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

None for me, The guy I sold me storm to has been complaining like you would not believe.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,394 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

no restarts for me

It's been happening for me. As well as reboot loops, where it kept rebooting even after hard reset and battery pull. Only thing that seemed to stop it was sliding out the keyboard (or was just coincidence.)

Also losing connection to the VZW network in places my Storm works.

Ive had my phone reboot right after a phone call. happened twice, just returned it for another one.

Happened to me for the first time a short while ago. Two things that were happening at that time - no idea if either is related:
    1. Sort started to open my keyboard and then closed it
    2. battery had just about hit the magic 30% number where power manager switches to a low power profile.

After the reboot, seems to be working fine.

When I close the phone with a lot of force it reboots, it only happens once a day though, I can't really force it to happen. weird.

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I could be wrong, but I read on another forum that most of the apps in the apps store were designed originally for the original Android OS. It could be possible some apps cause conflicts with 2.0 and causing this to happen?

yeah... mine is restarting everytime i install a new app... am I really gonna need to return my phone just got it yesterday...GRRRR....

This appears to be a pretty common issue. I'd suggest returning it.

I figured out why mine was rebooting, if I closed the slider really fast right after I sent a text it would cause a reboot. The message still sent though.

Could someone else test this and see if it causes a crash?