droid 2.2 Froyo found features
I have found some neat things that i have not found discussed anywhere..
Youtube on the droid has made some improvements here are some i found..
1. We can now set it to play high quality on start up as default.
2. We can also upload videos to youtube over 3g connection.. (no more wifi needed!)
3. Also new HD button on videos. if u decide to watch in hd.
hope u find these as interesting as i did... please post anything that you guys have found:-)
here are some screen shots...
- 06-07-2010, 10:30 PM #2
- 06-07-2010, 10:55 PM #3
- 06-08-2010, 08:46 AM #4
- 06-08-2010, 12:02 PM #5
- 06-08-2010, 09:21 PM #6
1. When your phone is in the cardock and you make a call it will automatically go to speakerphone mode. Pull the phone out of the doc and speakerphone mode goes away.
2. Threaded downloads in the browser (kind nifty if you download a couple things a day)
3. 5 screens as a default. 3d app launcher as a default.
4. updated baseband seems to help signal as well as battery life.
5. Chrome to Phone is awesome. nuff said.
6. The twitter app is built into the OS.
- 06-08-2010, 10:47 PM #7
- 06-08-2010, 11:57 PM #8
- 06-09-2010, 06:46 AM #9
On the second build it will landscape view turning the phone right now in apps not just left. I dont think the first froyo keak did that. I did notice that my silent ringer is broken. If I volume down it just goes to vibrate. In the options I can make it go silent but then it wont vibrate.
- 06-09-2010, 08:37 AM #10
- 06-09-2010, 07:45 PM #11
- 06-09-2010, 09:58 PM #12
- 73 Posts
Granted, you don't get the middle ground, for most people it probably won't make a difference.
- 06-12-2010, 06:31 PM #13
- 06-13-2010, 04:26 PM #14
- 06-14-2010, 09:39 AM #15
- 06-14-2010, 10:12 PM #16
Two more things...
1) You can now specify a signature with 'email' accounts (i.e. an exchange account)
2) Exchange account will search the exchange global address book when adding people to the 'to', etc. fields (might not be new, but I never got it to work before Froyo).
- 06-15-2010, 01:13 AM #17
- 06-15-2010, 01:24 AM #18
- 06-15-2010, 01:26 AM #19
- 06-15-2010, 08:49 AM #20
- 73 Posts
I've been using this since pre-2.2 and it is really convenient and works really well. There are some other options you can play with, like triggers to make your phone "wake-up", including sound, motion, and location, which is also kind of useful. Give it a whirl and hopefully it will solve your night time problems .