droid 2.2 Froyo found features
06-15-2010 08:49 AM
- I have found some neat things that i have not found discussed anywhere..
Youtube on the droid has made some improvements here are some i found..
1. We can now set it to play high quality on start up as default.
2. We can also upload videos to youtube over 3g connection.. (no more wifi needed!)
3. Also new HD button on videos. if u decide to watch in hd.
hope u find these as interesting as i did... please post anything that you guys have found:-)
here are some screen shots...06-07-2010 09:58 PM
- MennoCoffee Addict1. When your phone is in the cardock and you make a call it will automatically go to speakerphone mode. Pull the phone out of the doc and speakerphone mode goes away.
2. Threaded downloads in the browser (kind nifty if you download a couple things a day)
3. 5 screens as a default. 3d app launcher as a default.
4. updated baseband seems to help signal as well as battery life.
5. Chrome to Phone is awesome. nuff said.
6. The twitter app is built into the OS.06-08-2010 09:21 PM
- On the second build it will landscape view turning the phone right now in apps not just left. I dont think the first froyo keak did that. I did notice that my silent ringer is broken. If I volume down it just goes to vibrate. In the options I can make it go silent but then it wont vibrate.06-09-2010 06:46 AM
- 06-09-2010 07:45 PM
Granted, you don't get the middle ground, for most people it probably won't make a difference.
Peter06-09-2010 09:58 PM
- Shay D. LifeAndroid Advocate
Things I miss:
1. Control of LED colors
2. Vibe and Silent on rocker
3. Power button menu no longer has the reboot option06-13-2010 04:26 PM
- 06-14-2010 09:39 AM
- Two more things...
1) You can now specify a signature with 'email' accounts (i.e. an exchange account)
2) Exchange account will search the exchange global address book when adding people to the 'to', etc. fields (might not be new, but I never got it to work before Froyo).06-14-2010 10:12 PM
- 06-15-2010 01:13 AM
- I Agree. I just discovered this feature and im not liking it. I just had twitter go off w/ some sounds and im not going to go set silent manually on all of my notifications. While of course I do enjoy the goodness of the bonus of a froyo w/ root. This really is annoying cuz now i have to turn the phone off at night so i can sleep peacefully.. I dunno. still debating but not good in my favor given that i use it for my alarm clock.06-15-2010 01:24 AM
- I Agree. I just discovered this feature and im not liking it. I just had twitter go off w/ some sounds and im not going to go set silent manually on all of my notifications. While of course I do enjoy the goodness of the bonus of a froyo w/ root. This really is annoying cuz now i have to turn the phone off at night so i can sleep peacefully.. I dunno. still debating but not good in my favor given that i use it for my alarm clock.
I've been using this since pre-2.2 and it is really convenient and works really well. There are some other options you can play with, like triggers to make your phone "wake-up", including sound, motion, and location, which is also kind of useful. Give it a whirl and hopefully it will solve your night time problems .
Peter06-15-2010 08:49 AM
- Motorola Android Phones
- More Motorola Phones
- Verizon Droid Forums
- Motorola Droid
droid 2.2 Froyo found features
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD