Better Unlock Button?

wwwdeveloper

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I gotta agree that this has annoyed me too. With my storm, while at the office, I would just reach over and tap the screen to wake it up. When I was on the go, I would just push the lock button to lock it, so I wouldn't have to worry about it pocket dialing or activating the screen. Now with the droid on my desk, instead of just tapping the screen, I have to pick it up, hit the button, and slide my finger to see what notification just came in.

Prototype

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I've gotten used to the lock button on top of the phone. I've switched from the slide ark unlock to the "connect 4 dots security screen". It just looks cooler IMHO. :D

JRoid

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Unlock button does take a minute to get used to, but once you have it down pat it is surely a breeze. Also, i like when people look at my phone and when they slide their finger across the arc, they say "that was tight!!!" hahahahahah

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Have you guys tried hitting the unlock button with your thumbs?

Hold the phone in your right hand with your thumb on the volume rocker, pointer middle and ring finger by the usb port (mine are below the port) and bottom of the phone resting on your pinky finger. Holding it like this I can hit the power button with my thumb then swipe with my thumb without it being too awkward.

Maybe if there was no swipe and just the unlock button some people would be less irritated.??

ThirstyTurtle

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Have you guys tried hitting the unlock button with your thumbs?

Hold the phone in your right hand with your thumb on the volume rocker, pointer middle and ring finger by the usb port (mine are below the port) and bottom of the phone resting on your pinky finger. Holding it like this I can hit the power button with my thumb then swipe with my thumb without it being too awkward.

Maybe if there was no swipe and just the unlock button some people would be less irritated.??

You just changed my life! Such a simple solution and yet so effective, I'm thoroughly embarrassed I haven't thought of that. Thanks man!
Also, removing the swipe might be a nice option, I don't see anyway I could accidentally hit the hardware lock button, so I don't think it would reduce functionality. Either way, you're amazing!

darkstar

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm hoping for some development in the app "Shake Awake" ... the concept looks good but it just doesn't work the way i want it to... pick up your phone and give it a little shake.. should wake it up to unlock... not even have to hit the button... just looking for convenience here.. with a phone that's so customizable.. Just dealing with it hardly seems appropriate.

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
You just changed my life! Such a simple solution and yet so effective, I'm thoroughly embarrassed I haven't thought of that. Thanks man!
Also, removing the swipe might be a nice option, I don't see anyway I could accidentally hit the hardware lock button, so I don't think it would reduce functionality. Either way, you're amazing!

no problem, glad I can helpp

R

Roy Aguilera

Can't wait till my boy DMG ports SS to this device. I'm sure Droid Slider will be awesome.

PortareAF

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I have also found it a little annoying, but I am sure open source will soon find a solution to all of our problems. The Droid fixes all of life's problems.

ictdog

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I'm just waiting for the holster that it recognizes so it'll sleep when it's in it and awaken and unlock when you pull it out, just like a blackberry.

Being a BB Convert, I agree...the Blackberry practice of having the phone awaking after being pulled from the holster is very convenient...but until then, I will just have to do with getting my fingers a biweekly massage by pretty Asian gals due the rigorous finger manipulation of powering on the Droid :rolleyes:...Long Live the Droid Nation!

Last edited:

ThirstyTurtle

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
OKAY! Found my solution: an app called ScreenModeWidget
It's a little widget that toggles between three modes:
Sleep Auto: Normal screen action, only power/lock button locks/unlocks phone, still slide
Awake Stay: Power/lock button, camera button, or volume buttons wake and unlock the screen, no need to slide (sliding is unnecessary IMO, never hit the button accidentally). Also great because if you just slide the keyboard out it's already unlocked!
Screen Stay: Screen never locks, just stays awake unless you lock it with the lock button

I LOVE this app, it's so amazing, whenever I have the phone sitting on my desk and get a text, just tap the camera button (not even all the way, just the half-way depression), and there's my screen ready to go. I also really like being able to slide open the keyboard and just start doing stuff, the sliding seems like an unnecessary step to me. Anyways, hope this helps anyone frustrated with having to hit the power button and then slide the lock screen!

smoore2009

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
wht iz the big deal jus get used to it damn. here is a question how the hell do u watch video formats other than mp4 you tube is cool but i want to watch different formats

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2