Droid calendar issues

jdposhkus

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey droid braintrust!
Incredible user here.
A guy in my office just switched to a Moto Droid and I set him up via activesync, but his calendar meeting requests show up on his droid as email (he cant accept the appointment)
My guess is that it is a setting on the droid cause my INC is working fine on the same system.
Any ideas.

Thanks in advance!

asdr24

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I've used it a fair amount but quit because of the poor quality of the app a little over two months ago. I switched my corporate email to Touchdown. I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

jdposhkus

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.

Exchange ActiveSync is a proprietary protocol and is licensed to a number of mobile device companies, including Apple for the iPhone, Palm for its webOS devices, and Google for certain Android smartphones. Exchange ActiveSync technology is also used by other messaging and collaborative software servers, including Novell GroupWise and Lotus Domino.

It was indicated that HTC has better exchange support that the Moto droid, hence why I got an Inc not a Moto but my co-worker did no research before getting his droid.
Activesync pushed all his exchange contacts and email without a hitch but his calendar appointments are a fail.

I guess Ill have him try touchdown.

Thanks.

bojowaggie

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I use Exchange with my Droid and I have no problems. Granted the Calendar doesn't always update right away, but it works good.

You will notice that in the menu for the Droid that there is 2 calendar's.
One of them is Corporate Calendar, that is the calendar that exchange will use.

The other calendar on there is for Gmail.

So make sure your friend is using Corporate Calendar and not just Calendar.

Also if he updates his schedule on either his phone or PC, and wants to see the changes right away, he can open up Corporate Calendar and hit the menu button and tell it to refresh and it will sync the changes.

Hope this helps.

--Waggie

jdposhkus

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply waggie.
Yes I am aware of the 2 calendars.
Items already on the exchange calendar (prior to synching the Droid are present on his corporate calendar)
HOWEVER the problem is any user in our group who sends him a calendar appointment in outlook shows up on his droid as an email. not a calendar appointment. So he cannot accept it from the droid.
I have my incredible set up identically and I have no problems.
It must be a deficiency in the exchange support on the Moto...

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
HTC has added improved exchange support for the devices running SenseUI. The stock android devices had a known issue where you couldn't accept corporate calendar invites. Was supposed to be fixed but not sure if it was or not since I always used Touchdown. For anyone who is serious about running exchange, touchdown is a must have.

Motorola Droid OTA Update Coming December 11th? | Android Phone Fans
droid-issues-3-550x711.jpg

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I like Touchdown. Works awesome. I do use the native exchange link for my calendar though. I have a widget that combines my gmail calendar and exchange calendar so I have a screen that shows everything. Touchdown is a lot nicer and more user friendly.

I use touchdown for everthing except for the calendar app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane