1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Default Anyone having issues with mail updating???

I have 3 yahoo accounts assigned to my phone. One set to pull mail every 5 mins, and the other 2 are 15 mins. None seem to update, unless I open te mail program, or waaaay later. Like hours... Anyone else have this problem, or anyone know of a fix?

Global Posts
    838 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

A couple times my Google mail sent a message while updating that it couldn't reach the servers and that the problem is temporary....then it immediately downloaded my mail. Have you thought of forwarding them to a G-Mail account?

Search around on this forum though, email seems to be a bit buggy it seems, forwarding to a gmail account might not necessarily be a good thing (if, like in my case, you just don't get notifications for new gmails and they hide from you in the "all mail" label)

my gmail is stuck it says no connection.. but everything else works , web txt etc.. wtf
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

i dont use gmail at all, so thats not really bothering me... it's the 3 yahoo accounts i have linked to the email app... seems like they just dont update... hopefully this gets attention in the fix

I heard thats supposed to be one of the fixes in the Dec. 11th update.

I have had flawless Gmail push since I got the phone-- until last night. I woke up this morning and normal 5 'spam' messages (Amazon, etc) weren't there. I went into my Gmail settings and clicked REFRESH and everything came though. Now I'm having to do that everytime. I get Gmail on my PC, nothing on my Droid until I Refresh... any ideas why this would stop suddenly? Just a bug I assume... I hate bugs. I guess this is the price we pay for being early adopters of a new hardware/software combo.

Just wondering... is there a way to "reboot" a gmail account on the Droid?

Question Emails Suddenly Stopped "Pushing"

I had my gmail and exchange email both working flawlessly as soon as I got the Droid. However, as of this morning neither account is receiving emails unless I manually go into the email account and click refresh. At that point all the emails come in... Any ideas on this? Thanks!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

No idea's beside trying a battery pull or delete the account and then add it back. I haven't had a problem with mine. Good Luck

I had the same problem, i went into settings - accounts & sync, make sure auto sync is checked ( i think my task killer ended my syncing not sure though) and then check gmail off and then back on. it has fixed my problem so far.

I've gone into settings - accounts & sync unchecked sync then check again it has seem to fix the problem so far.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Threads merged.
    Roy Aguilera

Quote Originally Posted by largeselection View Post
    Search around on this forum though, email seems to be a bit buggy it seems, forwarding to a gmail account might not necessarily be a good thing (if, like in my case, you just don't get notifications for new gmails and they hide from you in the "all mail" label)
    Hey I fixed mine. Here is what I did.
    Settings>Accounts and sync. Turned Auto Sync off, then turned it back on. Opened up the account that was going to "all mail", unchecked Sync Gmail and checked it again. Tested it and it worked. No more "all mail" folder and no notification problem. Try it on the one that is tripping and let me know if it fixes it.
    Somehow the phone had a brain fart and needed a reminder to sync my mail. I showed it whose boss.
    Last edited by Roy Aguilera; 11-12-2009 at 04:09 PM.

I found the culprit on my issue. The settings for syncing changed magically on their own. So to fix this go into your mailbox, then MENU > ACCCOUNT> MENU (again) > ACCOUNT SETTINGS > make sure AUTO-SYNC is still checked.

DA6 that worked for me. Thanks
    Roy Aguilera

Quote Originally Posted by Slick50 View Post
    DA6 that worked for me. Thanks
    Glad it worked for you. it was driving me nuts.