My droid camera makes me angry

ericatomars06

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
So don't get me wrong, I do love my droid but I'm about at my breaking point with the camera. Its probably the worst camera on a smart phone.. It just terrible. Most recently it doesn't seem to want to work at all. It just blacks out then tells me to force close. I thought maybe the lag was from helix launcher but once I uninstalled it i still got the same problem.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Is there a fix?

TitaniumMan

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
i have no problems with mine. Something must be foreclosing it and giving you issues. I found some poor quality apps will cause it to fail. Might need to back track on apps before your camera started to fail.

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
+1 on the camera sucking. 5 Megapixels of grainy crap is no better than a VGA camera. So sad...but the Droid doesn't in this case. :(

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
It's really the native Droid camera app that stinks. I bought Camera Zoom FX and the pics are like night and day. The way the native app takes pics is the problem. Alternative camera apps have different characteristics while taking the pic. The native camera was always blurry. My wifes dumb phone snapped better pics. I don't get blurry pics anymore. Even of my active kid. I bet other camera apps will improve picture quality too. My second choice would have been the 5X PRO camera.

ericatomars06

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Having a good camera is huge to me, I wish i wouldve waited to get the iphone 4 because thats a smartphone with an awesome camera. and a front camera too... To bad i haven't even had my droid for a yr...

SilverLight98

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
are you running Froyo? Since I've upgraded my phone the camera app has gotten MUCH better. It's very fast, the settings are in a much more accessible area and yeah it's very very fast

jricciardi

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Are you running Froyo? Since I've upgraded my phone the camera app has gotten MUCH better. It's very fast, the settings are in a much more accessible area, and yeah, it's very very fast.

Agreed. I'm running Bugless Beast v 0.2 Froyo on my Droid and my camera is amazing. Fast, precise, great auto-focus & dual-flash LED, and easy to use. I e had iPhones, BlackBerry's, the Pre, and more and the Droid is def top 5!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Been having this same issue. It really ticks you off at the damnedest times when you really need to use your camera!:mad:
I was rooted before the official release of 2.1 . I'm really considering rooting again, just so I can enjoy some FroYo goodness, as well as a better camera.:cool:

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Having a good camera is huge to me, I wish i would've waited to get the iphone 4 because that's a smartphone with an awesome camera. and a front camera too... To bad i haven't even had my droid for a yr...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a couple of android phones scheduled for release at year's end that will be incorporating a forward camera as standard hardware? Gawd I hope so.... most people just don't realize how much of a pita it is trying to take a self mugshot of yourself. :p

ValleyForge

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Droid Camera

It's really the native Droid camera app that stinks. I bought Camera Zoom FX and the pics are like night and day. The way the native app takes pics is the problem. Alternative camera apps have different characteristics while taking the pic. The native camera was always blurry. My wifes dumb phone snapped better pics. I don't get blurry pics anymore. Even of my active kid. I bet other camera apps will improve picture quality too. My second choice would have been the 5X PRO camera.

I'll second this. After much frustration with the standard camera, I installed Camera ZoomFX, and I'm very happy with the change. It's still no Nikon, but the indoor photos particularly have improved markedly.

- VF

ericatomars06

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
No.. I'm on 2.1, I cant root because I have a mac and i cant get RSD lite on my moms computer. The camera sucks on the droid. I recently downloaded Camera Zoom FX and that's a bit better. worked great when i first got it but today i went to take a picture of something to send to a friend and it just blacked out, forced closed and just wouldn't work. I had to completely restart the phone. This will be the reason why i get an iphone.. because funny how that camera seems to work no problem. I don't have time to play games.. I just need things to work!

pstinger

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I've never had problems with my Droid's camera. It does what I need it to do... if I need a good picture, I'll use my SLR. Everyone has different needs, though. Enjoy your iPhone. :)

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
You should download rom manager and use a 2.2 froyo rom. besides being faster, the camera app has improved and takes much better pictures more quickly. Sometimes my pictures inside would come out grainy previously but now they are very clear.

If you are not rooted, maybe you should tell verizon your phone is defective and get a new one. Would have been one of the first things I did.

P.s. I have a mac and am rooted.... dont see how thats a problem?

Chillout80s

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Try using the Camera 360 app, it's free on the market and really steps up the functionality of the camera on the droid. I found that taking inside pics with my Droid usually ended up with a grainy, sub par, pic but using this new app makes inside pics much better. Not perfect yet because lets face it it's a 5mp but still it does help improve it a great deal IMO.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084