Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: How much data do you use per month?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than 1 Gig per Month

19 27.14%
  • More than 1 Gig but less than 2 Gig per Month

23 32.86%
  • More than 2 Gig but less than 3 Gig per Month

9 12.86%
  • More than 3 Gig per Month

19 27.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,029 Global Posts

Default How much Data do you use?

With AT&T creating tiered plans and potentially Verizon doing the same. How much data do you use a month on your Droid?

I've been using just less than 2 gig per month.

Global Posts
    363 Global Posts
    ROM
    Miui 1.1.7.0,

6GB here last month and I don't tether. I think it's the persistent downloading of roms and podcasts over 3G from work.
    gtalk: Sethjk

Global Posts
    310 Global Posts

Default Re: How much Data do you use?

3-4gigs a month..**** I wonder what it will be when I tether out of town?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,029 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by makya53 View Post
    3-4gigs a month..**** I wonder what it will be when I tether out of town?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    That depends on what you do when you tether. If you just web surf, it won't mount to much. If you download large files and watch Hulu, it will be lots more.

Global Posts
    966 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9-RC1, Stock

Just under 5 gigs.
    Sweet Nexus Bliss.
    fearmychickens

Less than 1GB (around 200MB on average)

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

When I had a Blackberry I normally used about 50-70 megs. With my Droid I'm averaging about 1.5 GB per month. Actually having a phone with real web and apps makes me use it all the time. Plus having pdanet for trips out of town has really been awesome.
    Moto X
    iPhone 5S

last month was about 750MB, which is probably my average. Mostly google reader and some other random web stuff, and downloading updates for my apps. I dont usually stream anything to my phone.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

about 600 MB for me, though that number will probably be going up soon as i just got a new netbook and am going to start tethering

i also use wifi constantly at home, so that probably skews it a bit as well
    Last edited by terpitude71; 06-19-2010 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by purwater View Post
    When I had a Blackberry I normally used about 50-70 megs. With my Droid I'm averaging about 1.5 GB per month. Actually having a phone with real web and apps makes me use it all the time. Plus having pdanet for trips out of town has really been awesome.
    Not to get smart but why not use the wireless tether? I used to use PDAnet before my rooting days but was wondering if it had an advantage over just using Wireless Tether after root.
    Android Version - 2.2 (Froyo)
    Build - Froyo Kangerade V1.0 (Strawberry)
    Baseband - C_01.43.01P

About 1gb but I'm constantly on WiFi so it'd probably be 3-4 gb if I were always on 3g

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    DROID!!!

I use less than 1 gb per month, but use it on wi-fi a lot at home.

You can observe a lot by watching- Yogi Berra

I'm at about 1.7GB. Nothing too bad but sooo much more than on any of my Blackberrys.

I'm currently hitting about 3.5gb/month, but that's with almost no time on wifi, so i hope that'll go down when i set up wifi at home.
    Motorola Droid
    Motorola Droid X
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    HTC One (M8)
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,029 Global Posts

I'm trying to use wifi more and see what that does for me. Currently, I'm on target for 600k for the month versus 1.9 gig.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asdr24 View Post
    Not to get smart but why not use the wireless tether? I used to use PDAnet before my rooting days but was wondering if it had an advantage over just using Wireless Tether after root.
    I understand where you're coming from. Currently I'm back on a stock rom until I get around to trying the newer bugless beast. I was having issues with the last version and haven't had the chance to update again. PDAnet works well for me in the interim.
    Moto X
    iPhone 5S

Droid w/ Verizon here... I use anywhere between 500MB on a low month to 1.1GB on a high month and average somewhere in the middle most months.

I sure hope Verizon doesn't follow AT&T's modifications. I think it's stupid for AT&T to make their customers pay $15 for only 200MB and $25 for 2GB. It's just not the right configuration to go from $30 for 5GB of data. A better price plan would be $15 for 500MB, $20 for 750MB, and $25 for 3GB. That sounds more reasonable and caters to several tiers of data users. Low, Medium, and High.

Whatever Verizon does, I'll be grandfathered in. Not that I use the 5GB, I just think it's the right price/GB combination.

I wouldn't count on grandfathering. I would think they would rather give you a one-time reduction of early termination fee or something. Think about how many droids and incredibles are out there. If they can make more money off of them due to data fees, they'll do it.

I used about 1gig a month for the first 3 months, now I float between 200 and 500 mb. Thank you to all of the people tethering and downloading roms, daily, so that I'm not in the highest data using group. :-)
    Verizon Moto X - Stock

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Personaly I use betwene 5 to 7 gigs a month but my droid is used for everything internet in my house

Global Posts
    1,135 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

im about 1.3gb but im at home on wifi like 85% of the time so i figure if i wasn't it would be probly closer to 5 or more gb ouch im scared to see what happens when the unlimited plans are no more >_<

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Me too

How do you all use so much data?!

I guess when I'm at work I have my work laptop to surf the internet and when I'm at home I have my laptop/desktop...

Many of us use their phones at work as work firewalls will block certain sites (such as facebook or twitter). I do some light tethering while at the ladie's place as she has no broadband (gasp!) and no open networks within range. Most of my traffic is endless surfing, tons of streaming audio (Pandora is on quite a bit) and I have wifi disabled on my phone, which really saves on the battery life.

I push around 4 GB a month.

Oh yes, I recently got a new headunit (car cd player) that will play & control mp3 players hooked via audio cable. I was able to get my droid to output my Pandroa to my car speakers!

Usually somewhere between 5-7 Gigs a month. It would probably be much higher if i didn't use WIFI whenever it was available, especially at home.

Wow I can't believe how many people go over 5GB a month?! Since the "unlimited" data plans were all capped to 5GB recently, how much in overage do you end up paying if you hit 6 or 7 GB per month?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast