Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Thanks to Froyo, i now have a iphone...

ha no i didnt leave Android... thanks to the wifi tethering in Froyo, my ipod touch is now pretty much a iphone haha. still only use the ipod for games/music...

safe to say... Droid does ipod

lol nice post. I'm looking forward to doing that, too, when official Froyo launches!

Quote Originally Posted by b1gt78 View Post
    ha no i didnt leave Android... thanks to the wifi tethering in Froyo, my ipod touch is now pretty much a iphone haha. still only use the ipod for games/music...

safe to say... Droid does ipod

So what would it take to leave the Ipod all together?
    GOOGLE Talk name: matrix.underworld add me if you dare

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

I'm getting pretty close to ditching my iPod too. After getting an android phone and seeing how open it is and not being locked down to what apple says you can and can't do with your devices, I'm really liking the freedom.

Think I'm gonna sell my touch and pick up a Zune or something equivalent.
    Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.

Global Posts
    618 Global Posts

I ditched mine once I found google listen. I'm not a big games player on either, and once I found out an easy manager for podcasts, I sold my itouch. Haven't looked back since.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Default Re: Thanks to Froyo, i now have a iphone...

Why not just buy a big SD card and use your phone as your music device. 16 gb SD card works for me and if I fill that ill get a 32gb plus the 8gb internal memory in my incredible

Sent from my HTC Incredible.
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,019 Global Posts

I've recently switched back to my iPod touch. It works much better with my car radio. I still have all of my music on my Droid and will use that as a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapke36 View Post
    I ditched mine once I found google listen. I'm not a big games player on either, and once I found out an easy manager for podcasts, I sold my itouch. Haven't looked back since.
    Are you using Froyo? I loved using listen until I switched to Froyo and now it always brings up and account error.
    Android Version - 2.2 (Froyo)
    Build - Froyo Kangerade V1.0 (Strawberry)
    Baseband - C_01.43.01P
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by 18TGTI04 View Post
    Why not just buy a big SD card and use your phone as your music device. 16 gb SD card works for me and if I fill that ill get a 32gb plus the 8gb internal memory in my incredible

Sent from my HTC Incredible.
    actually my ipod touch is 8gb and my phone is 16gb...
    all i really use my ipod for is to play some of the games i got from the app store and of course to play music on my truck. im planning on ditching my ipod once android market gets as good games as the app store.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

I would make the switch completely too, but I have the ipod touch car dock that plays through my stereo very well and I use it exclusively for podcasts and a little music. I currently download all of my music through amazon on the droid and when I get the chance I sync it to my computer and add those songs to my ipod. Until the ipod dies I might as well use it. It's a first gen touch so it's probably not gonna last much longer with the amount of use it gets.
    Moto X
    iPhone 5S