Non.responsive touch screen.

its_blt

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
The love of my Droid is slowly disappearing. :mad:

First off, my phone has never been dropped, wet, messed with in any way. I baby this thing as if it were my child. If it isn't glued to my hand all day.. it has its own special pocket in my purse.

At least 3 or 4 times a day my phone will get stuck in the screen lock screen and wont let me unlock it, touches are not read... power button doesn't even work... need to pull the battery to do any thing.

On top of that.. I miss about half of my phone calls because when they call me, it wont let me slide the answer button over, it just wiggles under my finger.. have tired every variation of speed and pressure... nothing works. This is also starting to happen with my text messages... instead of the answer button, it is the notification bar.

also it nolonger notifies me when i get a voice mail... so i dont think about it and by the time i think about it, its full.

ive tried factory reset.. it stops for awhile but just starts doing it again after awhile.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
It could be one of your apps conflicting with the operating system. Have you tried uninstalling any "suspect" apps from your phone to see if the problem stops? Did the problem start after one of your apps was installed or updated?

CynicalDreams81

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I had this same problem. I went to the VZW store and all the tech did was do a factory reset on the phone. Had no problems afterwards. He stated it was more than likely due to an app like xliderider stated. The only program I had installed the day before was..dun dun dunnnnnn..the dolphin browser (earlier version not current). If the factory reset has not worked then I agree with mudads. Go to the store and have them replace it. I just replaced mine this past week due to the screen not responding to my touch at all and a factory reset did not work to fix it. My phone had not gotten wet either. It was replaced under warranty.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance