Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid keeps shutting down

So, I keep having an issue where my Droid's screen will light up after i press the power button to do something, then go blank, but the 4 buttons at the bottom light up, then it shuts off, and i have to turn it back on. This has been happening off and on since I used rom manager to go from smoked glass 4.5 to bugless beast's froyo. I have already done the whole reset permissions and all that...etc.

Also...a friend of mine said that with froyo, it is supposed to re-download all your apps from the market after a re-flash...but mine never does. Anyone know why? Its getting really annoying having to do it all manually.
    Last edited by BraveOne772; 06-24-2010 at 09:06 PM.

My Droid doesn't like Froyo either. It does what you describe, as well as go completely to a black unresponsive screen with only the 4 touch sensitive keys lit up.

If you didn't completely wipe your data and cache several times prior to installing Froyo that is mist likely the source of your problems.

Or You could just have one of those Droids that froyo doesn't play nice with.
    a little obsessive...