Cannot Update Motorola Milestone?? help!!

FRoStYisGoD

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
hey guys

I've been trying to update my Telus Milestone (bought from Telus, but currently unlocked and using with Bell Mobility) from Android 2.0.1 to Android 2.1. I've downloaded the installer on my computer (as I understand this is not an OTA update for this model), but whenever I connect my phone, the Motorola Software Update window tells me my software is up to date.

This is obviously not the case, as I am still running 2.0.1. Also, don't know if this plays any role, but in the Software Update window, it shows me my IMEI number, but shows N/A for "Model Number" and "Operator."Has anyone else had this problem? Am I doing something wrong when I connect my phone?Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

also I'm trying this on a Win XP computer

pstinger

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
The MSU window, I think at least, has nothing to do with the device firmware. I could be wrong. The update package needs to be put on your SD card, then you can reboot your device in recovery and flash the update from there.

pstinger

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure about the link, but to get it onto the SD Card, just hook up to a computer via USB and mount the card from the device. Your card will be visible to your computer then as an external storage device. Just copy/past the update.zip. :)

FRoStYisGoD

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
ya the computer part i figured out now I just need a link or someone else who can fix my problem with updating anyone else?

Thanks.

dbareis

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

hey guys

I've been trying to update my Telus Milestone (bought from Telus, but currently unlocked and using with Bell Mobility) from Android 2.0.1 to Android 2.1. I've downloaded the installer on my computer (as I understand this is not an OTA update for this model), but whenever I connect my phone, the Motorola Software Update window tells me my software is up to date.

This is obviously not the case, as I am still running 2.0.1. Also, don't know if this plays any role, but in the Software Update window, it shows me my IMEI number, but shows N/A for "Model Number" and "Operator."Has anyone else had this problem? Am I doing something wrong when I connect my phone?Any help is greatly appreciated.

I think (but don't know for sure) that that way uses the same OTA package so if its unavailable for one it will be for the other. Aren't they still rolling 2.1 out, 2.1 for UK is available which is what I needed :)

Its not clear to me whether there are different update programs for different regions (and so may depend where you downloaded it from) or whether it looks at your phone to decide which to look for. In any case they update the updater, may be worth grabbing the latest in case its a bug.

FRoStYisGoD

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
ya well either way I still cant update the phone and Im thinking Im just going to root it since thats the only way this thing will update it seem, since Motorola cant even help me when calling them.

sorry for being a n00b but where to i go to root my phone?

I've searched google but its all mostly been the Droid and not Milestone, so not sure if that matters...

Thank You

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34