Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 2.2

Default camera button

Is anyone else's camera button on their droid flaking off? Half of the gold "paint" has flaked off mine, and now its white. It looks crappy. Does anyone have any ideas what to do to fix it, paint it? Just let me know.

Thanks!!

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts

Mine flaked off within the first two weeks I had it. I have since put it into an Otterbox, and its covered by the case. So, no fix suggestions from me, other than putting the phone into a case.
    nox
    Retired Super Moderator

Global Posts
    1,370 Global Posts

Mine is completely white. It slowly came off and after a couple months (maybe like 4?) it came off completely.

Gonna paint mine black
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,825 Global Posts
    Carrier
    mean

On my first Droid it never came off got rid of that one last month. The phone was beat up but it was still gold. Probably should add I got my Droid on launch day.

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Jelly bean :)

aww man. thanks to this thread i decided to check out my camera button and what do you know, half the paint is gone

I actually just took some good metalic paint from my local hobby lobby and painted it with a fine tipped paint brush, and that worked just finel.

Yes. Mine completely flaked off and now it's just a white button. This is the only thing I hate about the Droid hardware (well, plus the small keyboard). You buy this high end device thinking you have a shiny metal button only to discover that they cut corners putting in fake plastic buttons! Grrr