Wi-Fi Problems! Please Help!

Basis

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I have a Motorola Milestone(Telus) that I use on at&t. Since the day at&t announced their stupid data limit cap plan, I had to rely on wi-fi whenever I use the internet because I don't want to pay for those plans. My Wi-Fi was working perfectly until the morning when I was on YouTube and then out of no where my connection is gone. I tried re-connecting into wi-fi, but everything goes wrong and the Wi-Fi settings app force closes. I tried to rebooting twice but no luck. Everytime I scan, it will scan but then says scanning failed. And all of my Wi-Fi domains are gone. Help, somebody! What do I do?

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
if you had the unlimited plan previous to this you still have unlimited.

is your phone rooted? I know not that many people did it with the milestone.

But I would try doing a battery pull and then a factory reset if that doesn't work./

friday

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I was told to pull the battery without an orderly shutdown to help fix these types of issues on my Droid. Don't know if it will help but may be worth a try. Just the phone powered up and yank the battery. When I did an orderly shutdown prior it didn't work..no idea why.

Basis

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
if you had the unlimited plan previous to this you still have unlimited.

is your phone rooted? I know not that many people did it with the milestone.

But I would try doing a battery pull and then a factory reset if that doesn't work./

Really? What if its not for a smartphone because I had a RAZR prior to my Milestone and its still on that plan. No, my phone is not rooted in any way.

I was told to pull the battery without an orderly shutdown to help fix these types of issues on my Droid. Don't know if it will help but may be worth a try. Just the phone powered up and yank the battery. When I did an orderly shutdown prior it didn't work..no idea why.

Okay, I'll try.

likwidsoul

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
If its just your home router try resetting it and your modem I have this problem with my d link sometimes it usually works afterwards.

Basis

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
The reboot didn't work? I don't know whats wrong with it. I use to have a whole list of Wi-Fi connections and they're all gone. I don't want to factory reset my phone because it will delete all of my apps and the info stored on them.

Basis

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I hate to double post/bump but I need some serious help. Is anyone else with a Telus Milestone experiencing Wi-Fi problems?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs