Droid Speaker Problem

The Fed

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Greetings Android fans.

My wife and I both got phones last April. We both love our phones very much. My wife is having and issue that can be quite annoying. When she makes or receives a call, if she doesn't use the speaker phone feature, after a minute I can no longer hear her. The call is not dropped and continues, but I won't be able to hear her. The first phone she received did the same thing. She returned it and got a new one. Now this phone is doing the same. My phone works great and I have never had any problems. Any help would be great. Thanks guys in advance. I love my phone and this site! :D

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Is she hitting mute with her face? If you tend to not hold the phone tight to your ear, the proximity sensor could turn the screen back on.If it's doing the same thing, 2 phones in a row, maybe the phone isn't the issue. Have her set the phone down on a desk (not on speaker phone) and have a conversation like that, and see if it still does it.

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
Also, sometimes the phone goes on mute when using the dial screen, could be another possibility.
I'm thinking user error on this one since both phones have done this.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Some users have reported that long hair, or sideburns can affect the function of the proximity sensor, and as suggested, she may be muting the convo inadvertently. I doubt that your wife has bushy sideburns so.... :D

The suggestion was to sweep the long hair back behind the ear when using the phone (I kid you not). ;)

The Fed

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys. I will try the long hair thing out first. She does have very long, thick hair. As far as the aps, I was going to suggest that she remove all the ones she has and then try to see if the problem persist. Thanks all for the suggestions. I'll keep you guys posted.

The Fed

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Well guys, took me awhile to get her to admit that it was user error. (Women) Guess she was mutiny the phone e the way she was holding it. Thanks to all who responded. Go Android!