Getting Feedback On Hardware I Want To Make

adamcollins

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I know I'm new to this forum but I wanted to ask you all a question. I bought the Motorola Multimedia Dock a while back and just recently realized how dissatisfied I was with it. The price was too high and it's just another glossy black electronic accessory.

So, I started sketching possible designs for a dock of my own and began talking to suppliers. If all goes according to plan I will produce two variants of my dock, one made out of a lighter color wood with a stainless steel base and one made out of a darker wood with a darker metal base. Having to always search for my USB cable was a pain so the dock will feature an included retractable cable that is stored in the dock when not in use.

I would like to make different docks for different phones but since I don't want to throw all my money at this I'm just going to offer a solution for the Droid to begin with.

My question to you all is this... would you be interested in a good looking dock made out of premium materials at a price in the low twenties? Obviously you would have to see it before making a buying decision but I just wanted to get some feedback first.

Thanks in advance.

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Personally, regardless of color, I think it would be handy to integrate a touch sensitive LED nightlight of some sort into it. Granted, we can do all sorts of things with our phones, but having the 1,000,000CP camera LED fire off at 3am would cause me to claim the phone on insurance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis