Number of homescreens?

DoubleSpaded

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm still new to my droid. I've seen other phones on videos on youtube that have 4 or 5 homescreens. My droid currently has 3. Is there a way to change this? Does my phone have to be rooted?

Thanks for the help in advance!

bojowaggie

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
You can root, to Froyo,

but you can download a program called ADW launcher, it is what I use and it is great.. I think i can have up to 7 screens..

G

GenericMessage

Or Launcher Pro (this version way faster than ADW)

But both free.

But yes, default the droid only has 3 screens.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
+1 for launcher pro, add Folder Organizer to organize your apps, and you wont need 7 screens. I use LP and folder organizer with only 3 half filled screens.

LP let's you have up to 15 scrollable shortcuts/icons in your bottom dock as well.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
We were supposed to get 5, stock, with 2.1, but no. Now, my wife's Ally has all 5! What the? I don't want to add a launcher app just to get 2 more screens.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Lol. Yeah, I am. . .I keep moving things around! It's like one of those games where you must always keep one spot open tho'....! And when 2.2 releases later today (ahem)...

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
+2 for Launcher Pro. The scollable dock is great. They have white, subtle versions of most standard program icons, some of which can show new emails, messages or missed calls with a small number on the dock icon itself. Very fast. 3D App drawer, if you like, and they'll be developing more scollable widgets very soon.

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah i saw these videos too before i get mine , you might saw a Rooted Droid or a MileStone (you know they look the same , but the MileStone is the GSM version) in my MileStone (Stock 2.1) i can set 3 or 5 or 7 or even 9 screens

over-lord

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm still new to my droid. I've seen other phones on videos on youtube that have 4 or 5 homescreens. My droid currently has 3. Is there a way to change this? Does my phone have to be rooted?

Thanks for the help in advance!

I cant say about other phone but if you are using optimus one then press the menu key (the one on the right of home key) when on home screen then select 'preferences' then 'Homescreen Setting' and change the no of home screens.No need to flash or root your phone.

bojowaggie

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
If you have Motorola D1 and are running Froyo you should have 5 home screens..
This was one of the big upgrades was from 3 to 5 screens.

If you go to Settings>About Phone it should tell you what version you are running.
It should be 2.2.2 FRG83G