Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,162 Global Posts

Default OFFICIAL: Motorla Droid getting Froyo next week

Thanked by:
    p08757 
    Androidoholic

ROM
    AOKP JB 4.1 Franco rr230

Default Re: OFFICIAL: Motorla Droid getting Froyo next week

This is very good news! But because of past updates *cough* 2.1- i'll believe it when i see it

If it does actually come then it will be awesome!

Sent from DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Galaxy Nexus

Nokia 920

Moto X

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted (always changing)

And here we go...

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

WOW!
    They finally release it the week that my upgrade date is, I guess Ill get my Froyo then order or pick up my Incredible (If they have it in stock)
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,039 Global Posts

Woot! Woot!

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Sweet! Can't wait to have Froyo on my Moto!

Default uuhh yeah

Hmmm I've heard this sort of story before...can't quite put my finger on it. >.<
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,039 Global Posts

Does anyone have any more details? Im getting suspicious now!

I was so close to rooting and modding again yesterday, and then I thought that if I did the official 2.2 would come out for sure. I'm not sure if I'm proven right or not now. Either way, I'm happy
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by p08757 View Post
    Yes, look here.

Hmmm I wonder if we will get mobile hotspot??? (if the droid can do that, been off the forums a while sorry)

No mention of JIT... Will we have the JIT compiler? Will we have it?! I must know!!
    The Dude abides.
    Regular lawnmower man...

Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dancingcrab View Post
    No mention of JIT... Will we have the JIT compiler? Will we have it?! I must know!!
    Why would they cut out one of the biggest features that Google's been touting about 2.1? That'd have been like they cut out multitouch from 2.1!

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

The Verizon site touts all the benefits but fails to mention JIT/speed.

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

' The update will be available to customers starting 8/3/2010 '

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet cant wait!!!
    life is good
    Regular lawnmower man...

Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    Yes, look here.
    I don't see that famed PDF file with all the features everyone is talking about. I see a "How To Upgrade" page, which has a blurb about the Froyo update, but no PDF. Direct link to the PDF, please?

Default Re: OFFICIAL: Motorla Droid getting Froyo next week

I ran the leaked Vzw ROM today. It was fine. I was able to download the wifi tether and it ran BUT I am rooted so not sure how that figures in. I do not want the OTA update as I am running over clocked on 2.2 now with bb .4 and didn't see anything extra in the Vzw release. Rom manager rules.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    GenericMessage

Quote Originally Posted by racermech View Post
    Hmmm I wonder if we will get mobile hotspot??? (if the droid can do that, been off the forums a while sorry)
    If it does it'll cost ya!

No way Verizon would hand that kinda goodies out for free.

But to be honest, after I got 2.1, I kinda stopped caring about the updates, yeah 2.2 will be neat. But I am sure they'll leave out the new launcher/multiple home screens/ free wifi-hotspot

Not that they'd ever leave us out of a full update! *cough*

UPDATE:

I am a big poo!

Looks like we'll be getting the 5 home screens/new launcher/ BT dialing/ remote wipe/ all the other typical 2.2 updates. But still no mention of WIFI tether. SHOCKER!
    GenericMessage

Quote Originally Posted by p08757 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MowDownJoe View Post
    I don't see that famed PDF file with all the features everyone is talking about. I see a "How To Upgrade" page, which has a blurb about the Froyo update, but no PDF. Direct link to the PDF, please?
    Actually its HERE; http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/moto_droid.pdf

it's sad if rumors to release froyo 2.2 on Aug 6th is true for VZW. Largest US wireless carrier places third on the froyo release to its handsets, just sad. you would think being biggest wouldn't mean being slowest on updates and releases. maybe i should have gone over to Sprint. wonder if or when VZ will go 4G if ever. especially as slow as they've shown on this update. i see the paint drying on my wall faster than the froy release by VZW/MOTO.
    GenericMessage

Quote Originally Posted by diskman8004 View Post
    it's sad if rumors to release froyo 2.2 on Aug 6th is true for VZW. Largest US wireless carrier places third on the froyo release to its handsets, just sad. you would think being biggest wouldn't mean being slowest on updates and releases. maybe i should have gone over to Sprint. wonder if or when VZ will go 4G if ever. especially as slow as they've shown on this update. i see the paint drying on my wall faster than the froy release by VZW/MOTO.
    Think of it this way;

Tmobile screws up a 2.2 release, 100,000 people are effected
    Verizon screws up a 2.2 release, 3 million people are effected lol

Quote Originally Posted by diskman8004 View Post
    How is it sad? I don't see how your logic plays out. You don't get to be the top carrier by half a**ing your product. Generic was right in what he said. If it gets screwed up... MILLIONS will be affected. It's called quality control, and it's a good thing.

Also, VZW will be rolling out their 4g LTE network this November in 30 of the country's largest metro areas.

And FWIW, We've waited what? 2 months for this update? Are you serious?
    OG Droid > Moto Droid 3.

We got the official 2.1 back in late Mar/early Apr. The offical 2.2 hit N1 back around June. Now during that time, VZW/MOTO hopefully saw all the things that happened on the N1 that hopefully won't happen on the D1, DX or whatever DROID is on the market irregardless of carrier (VZW, SPRINT, TMOBILE) I'm sure this 2.2 worked like a champ for the most part but for whatever reason VZW held it up deploying it on their network. we'll never know the actually why other than hopefully it will be out August after 4 months of waiting. As to your other comment about 4G, who's going to benefit on that network. I doubt D1's. Probably have to upgrade handset again and go through some firmware update that will probably be another 4 or 5 months. Original D1 aren't even in talks for the next OS (gingerbread).

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Default woot

Can't wait for this!!
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast