issues with the droid

Noctem

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
So I'm having a few issues with my phone, a few have been posted in the forums already but yea...

My ringtones aren't playing on my phone sometimes. They are coming out of my sd card, not the regular tones. Anyone else having this issue?

Also, a few times ivee completely lost data network. Most likely a verizon issue... but yea.

Thanks for any of your feedback everyone.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I don't want to alarm you prematurely...but my first droid had data network drop out on occasion. It would show like a half oval and say no connection to data or something in the notification bar. I exchanged that one (for other reasons as well) and I haven't seen that issue once on my current droid.

kunak83

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I don't want to alarm you prematurely...but my first droid had data network drop out on occasion. It would show like a half oval and say no connection to data or something in the notification bar. I exchanged that one (for other reasons as well) and I haven't seen that issue once on my current droid.

are you talking about the service bars at the top right hand side?

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
No, I would actually get a notification in the notification bar with a half horizontal oval (like a half football) and a message that says no connection to data or something like that

Noctem

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
my media card is formatted correctly, i have the media -> alerts or whatever folders set up, and it does work once in a while, but i guess after i put it in silence mode and then take it out of that mode, the rings dont work..

and in terms of data, ill just lose the 1x/3g icon and when i try to connect to the internet, it says data services unavailable. it only happens once in a while tho.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
my droid has been doing something similar lately. It no longer shows the 3G symbol at the top and it has never shown a 1x symbol. but now all i have is the signal bars. so when i try to use the browser, it says no connection. is their a fix for this problem? or do i have to replace the device?

thejammy

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
my droid has been doing something similar lately. It no longer shows the 3G symbol at the top and it has never shown a 1x symbol. but now all i have is the signal bars. so when i try to use the browser, it says no connection. is their a fix for this problem? or do i have to replace the device?

I have been having the same problem lately. I don't know what is going on, or it has to do with losing a signal to 3g or something.

I have powered off and that usually fixes it. Is this a known issue?

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I have a similar issue with a more indepth problem. I will lose both of 3G icon randomly and not be able to connect to anything. I will do a battery pull and sometimes it fixes it sometimes it doesnt. Sometimes my phone will work perfectly without the icon. Also I am having tons of issues with my text coming in. It seems like the connection is timing out and I wont get msgs until i manually make my fone try to connect to something. Anyone else having an issue with this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21