Not ringing on incoming calls?

peterr22

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Ive been told several times, by several people that they tried to call me a couple times, saying i didnt answer...
but my phone never rang...anyone else experiencing this?

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I'd ask them to try again and leave a vmail if they don't get an answer. If not it sounds like you're not routing properly.

Do you get any inbound calls?

YoungChrisG

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I got this on my Storm alot too. Does anyone think this might be more a VZW thing then any specific phone. I exchanged my Storm on 3 occasions to no avail because of this among other things.

Mattx

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
My phone came out of the box with the ringer off. I missed some calls too (although they did show up in the call log) until I changed the setting. Menu>Setting> Sound & Display > Turn off silent mode.

pacanis

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I experienced missed calls, appointments, alarms, you name it. After 2 hours on the phone with Verizon and forty minutes with Motorola, someone finally said to pull my battery. Bingo, the sounds returned! Here we were going over settings and setting up tests, but the phone just ran into a glitch and stopped producing sound. BTW, the phone was still vibrating, just no sound.

dwclt

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I've had this problem since I purchased my Droid...and after taking it back and getting another Droid phone. Before you comment...my settings are correct, my ringer is set high. I've lived in the same home for 7 years with a Verizon Blackberry and never had this issue. People will call me, the phone does not ring, but the caller hears it ringing until my voice mail picks up. The caller will leave a message, but I sometimes don't get the notification of a voice mail until several hours later. Also, there is NO notification of a missed call...so again, it's not my settings or my ringer volume turned down. Don't call Verizon, they are morons on this issue. After explaining all of this, they keep asking me to turn the volume up...again, the phone isn't ringing Verizon and I'm in an area with full signal (all bars).

01dyna

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone ever find a solution to this problem? My M. Droid is doing the same thing and it's infuriating. No call history, no ring and unless they leave me a voice message, I have no idea they called. I can't rely on this Droid when I have clients that are trying to reach me.

sparky2955

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
vanishing ring

Mine did the same thing after about three weeks, quit ringing just a few days ago. It buzzes, even though I turned off vibrate. Settings all look fine, but no ring anymore when I get an incoming call. I tried pulling the battery (suggested in this forum) but it didn't help anything. It's still not ringing.

kasha1985

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
My phone is all kinds of messing up! I've had this phone for 6 months now, everything worked fine until about a month ago. Now, anybody who calls me gets kicked right tp my voicemail. My phone never rings and never shows a missed call. The pattern lock that i set on this phone since day 1 no longer works. It is turned on under my settings but nothing! Now, i have no lock on my phone whatsoever! It just comes right onto my main screen. Not cool! To top it all off, when i text somebody, they are all dumbfounded that each text i send, shows up as a different person in their contacts, not me! And I've even experienced that my friend had tried to call and text me for.days, i wouldn't respond because it kept displaying they were from some name that i didn't know. When i finally investigated, her name under my contacts was a completely different name! What the hell is going on?! I thought maybe a hacker? Spyware? Malware? Virus? I have seigniorage ever antivirus, antispyware reputable app that is offered! All comes back with the same result-phone is clean! So...i ask again....what the hell is going on? How can i fix it? Or....throw hands up and buy a new phone? HEEEEELLLLLPPPP!!!!!

Zircon26

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
me too. they told me that they tried to call me and it's ringing loud and clear.
but my phone never rang
the hard part is that, i can't blame them if they don't believe me though it's true
it's really true that my phone never rang, even they insisted that it's ringing

olgeezer44

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I've had this problem a couple of times as well as having Malay words in Google search results. A reboot solved the ringing issue for incoming calls, but I don't know why I had the issue. I even installed Lookout even though I'm already running Avast anti-virus and Malwarebytes. No problems were found. I liked a quote from Contessa on CBSN, "I'm tired of these machines bossing me around." I'm thinking about putting that on a T-shirt.:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey