Need help before i ship off my droid!

Austin-Black#AC

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Well, I was thinking about taking my droid to the Verizon store tomorrow and show them what is wrong with my phone "screen goes crazy and starts moving around everywhere and clicks things randomly" but i was wondering is their any way i could UN-Root my droid? i mean i rooted it and i never did anything because i didn't know how or what to do so its just sitting their. and i dont want to take it into the store and let the Verizon guy go through it and see my superuser controls and what not and say i would have to pay the 100$ bucks for asurion to do the insurance claim..
Tl;dr? How do i un-root my phone and/or what should i do to tell if their is water damage etc. thanks :)

P.S: when i pull the battery and power it back up it sends messeges earlier in the conversation to the last 2 people i talked to. its really confusing to the others and gets annoying to explain to them why it does it

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I can't help with the un-root. Check the hacking forum.

But to check for water damage, open up your batery door and look for a little sticker that is white with little red x's. Its under your batery. If you see that you are good. There is one on the batery as well.

Good luck.

Chiefvelo#IM

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Call customer service. as long as its not water damage you should have the TEC coverage (extended warranty + insurance) and 1 year warranty for a no charge replacement. my screen did that but i think it was bumped loose. The store will make you wait and then just order you one anyways most likely.

pstinger

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
RSDLite + 2.0.1 SBF will unroot you. Look around and I'm sure you'll find something either here on somewhere else that will tell you how to go about doing it.

Jett2314

May 2, 2010
Visit site
If the phone is out side the warranty and you have insurance just turn it off, call asurion and tell them you lost it. They will charge you the deductible and send you a new phone in a day or so. Either way you are going to pay.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
If the phone is out side the warranty and you have insurance just turn it off, call asurion and tell them you lost it. They will charge you the deductible and send you a new phone in a day or so. Either way you are going to pay.

After Asurion replaces your device can you use your old phone as a wifi only MID? or will they still see it pinging stuff in verizon's servers?

mkalka

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I posted about this just a few weeks ago; had to have my phone replaced twice. Just bring it in to the store and they will have a new one sent the next day. You just need to switch your card and battery. Remember to back up to your hard drive so you don't lose anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech