Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default GPS Lock-on problem

Was using my GPS on my droid yesterday without any problem. Outside it would get a lock within 10 secs. Today, on my way home from work, I tried to get a lock. Location found me thru cell towers no problem, next it seemed to get a GPS lock but the lock on was in another state. Tried again with simular results. Then after about 20 minutes or so, it would not even get a GPS lock at all. It would get a location lock no problem. I was outside for over 45 mins and no lock for GPS. What do you think? Defective and warrent a return?

weird. do you know anyone near you with a GPS enabled device (a droid would be great, second would be a phone with GPS on verizon, but anything with GPS should be handy for troubleshooting)

if they can get a GPS lock that's accurate and you can't in the same place. your unit is defective.

mine has gotten a weird fix on my location once, but it tends to correct itself in a minute max.

Had that problem this morning. Rebooted the phone, and the problem went away. Give it a shot and maybe that will fix it.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yea, it finally went away that night. Thanks guys... BTW, Lovin the droid! Anyone know any video players that will allow for MOV files to play?

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

I had lock on issues with my GPS and I pulled my media card, then rebooted with out it in. GPS locked on. shut the droid down and reinserted the card. Been working fine every since than.
    Rich in Sping Hill, FL
    Droid user from Launch.

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

This happens to my Blackberry Storm all the time, it usually requires a battery pull to reboot it.