1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    336 Global Posts

Default Installing Flash after upgrading to Froyo?

Anyone had any success with this after updating your Droid to 2.2? I can't seem to get Adobe's installation link to work. It says "too many server redirects".

-SR-

I went to the market and installed. Seemed to install fine but when I go to m.flash.com, I get the screen telling me to download the latest flash 10.1 player. Doesn't seem to be working. I've tried installing and uninstalling and clearing my stock browser cache. Didn't work on xscope either...

I'm a newbie *****. Installed the flash showcase from the market not the player. I side loaded flash from the link in Phil's review on the main page and it works fine.
    Last edited by jawnthen; 08-03-2010 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tdawgui View Post
    FYI - Here's a link for Adobe Flash:
    Got this from the Sticky on top of the forums. Just downloaded it straight to the phone and installed from there. m.flash.com works and everything!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    336 Global Posts

Excellent! I knew someone would have a source file somewhere!

Yeah just took some searching! Glad I can help

great, now apps installer keeps FC. Anyone know how I can install the .apk?

Yes, I turned off usb storage before trying.

edit: nm. I got it loaded with astro file manager.
    Last edited by MartinRW; 08-03-2010 at 06:33 PM.

I thought 2.2 waw supposed to have Flash. I need to install it seperately? Confused...

froyo comes with support for flash, not with flash installed necessarily. It's still a third party application and would be found in the market. There is an issue apparently with some 3rd party apps on this build and that is why people are experiencing issues when using market to install.

@dagostin
    I checked the market and it only shows Adobe Flash Showcase. Can you help?

Global Posts
    280 Global Posts

Help me out here guys. I got Froyo up and running (very quick, BTW!) and I downloaded the .apk file of the flash player....where do I put the file? In my root SD directory? Or do I have to put it somewhere else on the card?

mine says unsuccessful each time i try and download whats the size i only got like 50mb internal storage..

Global Posts
    280 Global Posts

I found it on the marketplace, installed it, but when I go to test it at Adobe's mobile site, it prompts me to install it again? Almost like it isn't recognizing it.

You won't see Flash in the Market since there's an issue with seeing apps on Froyo. Download the Flash.apk from the link above and and use an app like Astro File Manager to install it. Just navigate to where you have the apk store, select it and hit Open App Manager and choose install. Make sure Unknown Sources is checked under Settings-Applications prior to trying to install it.
    Thanked by:
    rich67 

Global Posts
    280 Global Posts

thank you, PJ...I think that did it!

Global Posts
    513 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious JellyBean 4.1.1

Where's everyone going to utilize Flash?

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

games and Youtube videos are the most common places to use it. But even adds on websites are better
    Blackberry Storm 9530 (1 year)>
    Motorola Droid [Rooted] (Froyo 2.2 --> 1Ghz ultra low voltage) (8 months)>
    Motorola Droid X [Rooted] (Fission v2.6.1 --> 1Ghz--> low voltage)(10 months)>
    HTC Droid Eris [Rooted] (CM 7) (risky outdoors device)(current)>
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

Next device: Samsung Galaxy S II

Default Freezing

I sideloaded the app, but now my phone just keeps freezing up. I can't even get into the market to uninstall the app. Anyone else seeing the same problem after they install the Adobe Flash? I got it from the main Froyo link and installed using Astro Mgr.
    GenericMessage

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaSnac9 View Post
    I sideloaded the app, but now my phone just keeps freezing up. I can't even get into the market to uninstall the app. Anyone else seeing the same problem after they install the Adobe Flash? I got it from the main Froyo link and installed using Astro Mgr.
    If you do not install an app from the market, it will not be visible in the market.

Go to APPs in your settings and you'll find it there.

Anywhere on your SD card will do (just remember where) Then use Astro to locate the file and double tap to open/install it

I don't think flash is ready for primetime. You have to turn on Java Script which slows the browser down to a crawl. I am taking it off.

yeah, I don't even have flash installed on my current rom. I hardly used it and it just wasn't worth keeping.