Installing Flash after upgrading to Froyo?

WarER4X

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Anyone had any success with this after updating your Droid to 2.2? I can't seem to get Adobe's installation link to work. It says "too many server redirects".

-SR-

jawnthen

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
I went to the market and installed. Seemed to install fine but when I go to m.flash.com, I get the screen telling me to download the latest flash 10.1 player. Doesn't seem to be working. I've tried installing and uninstalling and clearing my stock browser cache. Didn't work on xscope either...:(

I'm a newbie idiot. Installed the flash showcase from the market not the player. I side loaded flash from the link in Phil's review on the main page and it works fine. :)

Last edited:

MartinRW

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
great, now apps installer keeps FC. Anyone know how I can install the .apk?

Yes, I turned off usb storage before trying.

edit: nm. I got it loaded with astro file manager.

Last edited:

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
froyo comes with support for flash, not with flash installed necessarily. It's still a third party application and would be found in the market. There is an issue apparently with some 3rd party apps on this build and that is why people are experiencing issues when using market to install.

rich67

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Help me out here guys. I got Froyo up and running (very quick, BTW!) and I downloaded the .apk file of the flash player....where do I put the file? In my root SD directory? Or do I have to put it somewhere else on the card?

rich67

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I found it on the marketplace, installed it, but when I go to test it at Adobe's mobile site, it prompts me to install it again? Almost like it isn't recognizing it.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
You won't see Flash in the Market since there's an issue with seeing apps on Froyo. Download the Flash.apk from the link above and and use an app like Astro File Manager to install it. Just navigate to where you have the apk store, select it and hit Open App Manager and choose install. Make sure Unknown Sources is checked under Settings-Applications prior to trying to install it.

ScubaSnac9

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Freezing

I sideloaded the app, but now my phone just keeps freezing up. I can't even get into the market to uninstall the app. Anyone else seeing the same problem after they install the Adobe Flash? I got it from the main Froyo link and installed using Astro Mgr.

G

GenericMessage

I sideloaded the app, but now my phone just keeps freezing up. I can't even get into the market to uninstall the app. Anyone else seeing the same problem after they install the Adobe Flash? I got it from the main Froyo link and installed using Astro Mgr.

If you do not install an app from the market, it will not be visible in the market.

Go to APPs in your settings and you'll find it there.

ferniesp

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't think flash is ready for primetime. You have to turn on Java Script which slows the browser down to a crawl. I am taking it off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463