1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Froyo frustration

So I began to root awhile back and installed the spr recovery. I never went further than that. I then tried to apply the new 2.2 update as mentioned and quickly discovered that technically I was rooted so this would not work. So I unrooted back to stock 2.1. I now have again tried to install 2.2 and it continues to fail. failed to verify whole file signature, and signature verification failed. installation then aborts. I have downloaded the 2.2 update several times to ensure it has downloaded correctly and every time I come back to this. Any ideas?
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Do you still have the spr recovery or did you use the sbf and fully unroot and if worse comes to worse root and install Pete's fro01b or whatever the build number is same thing just leaked ahead of time with root
    Rooted for life
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

no i did a complete unroot. thanks for the reply this is really frustrating been battling it for 2 hours now

ROM
    Stock

I had the same problem and I've never rooted my droid. I downloaded about 5 times and got the signature error. I noticed that the size of the download was only 17MB(should be 45MB). Then I tried the link that downloads from MegaUpload and everything worked fine. I would keep trying to download it until it downloads the full file size. Most of the links are probably getting hammered until the OTA rolls out.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

yeah the file size i have is correct. i have since tried to re-install spr recovery and can't even do that. rsd lite wont acknowledge the sprrecovery.sbf file? wth is happening here.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

droid x it may be tomorrow.

make sure the update is not named update.zip.zip (you can check using astro as your computer can lie to you/long press/rename), or even worse update.blankidyblank, but just update.zip hope i helped. also make sure the update isn't inside in any folder but is just sitting on your SD card
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

yeah it's not. trust me i've looked on every site and tried just about everything. i'm seriously about to have a motorola droid insurance claim as this thing may not make it through the night
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

the only thing that strikes me as odd is i dont' believe my current 2.1 is a verizon build. it does not say es81 or whatever under the build. it says voles-userdebug 2.1 update 1 ese53 25914 test-keys? the file i downloaded said official. so i wonder if this build is locked in for some reason or another because i can't get anything to work

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

if you still have a custom bootloader i would just flash a completely different ROM that is stable, then use ROM manager (in the market) to do whatever you need it to.
    Blackberry Storm 9530 (1 year)>
    Motorola Droid [Rooted] (Froyo 2.2 --> 1Ghz ultra low voltage) (8 months)>
    Motorola Droid X [Rooted] (Fission v2.6.1 --> 1Ghz--> low voltage)(10 months)>
    HTC Droid Eris [Rooted] (CM 7) (risky outdoors device)(current)>
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

Next device: Samsung Galaxy S II
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Currently its stuck on a 2.1 build without root. RSD lite won't allow me to flash anything. This phone is on borrowed time. It may just get wrinkled.lol

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

can you boot into recovery? you don't need a PC to do this.
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

yes i can

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

what recovery does it say at the top? If it is Clockwork or SPRecovery you can just do a nandroid restore.

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

If you're looking for help follow it here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...wth-droid.html