Froyo...

zerosnake

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Well i manually updated my droid and now it sucks none of my apps seem to work my app killer won't kill all the apps like it used to and its really slowing down my phone. also i have no more internal memory so i can't install anything i can't recieve texts but my message box isnt full? also everytime i try to download flash it says unsuccessful gosh froyo..

zerosnake

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
then what should i use to kill apps im not using that green android looking im using advanced task manager.
plus i cant even download flash..

Crw1229

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
@zerosnake...dude you may have installed it wrong bcuz everything I had before works fine...even the same task killer. Bcuz the first time I tried it I had the same problem and then I reinstalled it and bang!! Even fixed my flash problem...which method did you use to get ur update?

zerosnake

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
@zerosnake...dude you may have installed it wrong bcuz everything I had before works fine...even the same task killer. Bcuz the first time I tried it I had the same problem and then I reinstalled it and bang!! Even fixed my flash problem...which method did you use to get ur update?
yes i used the droid-life link phil posted and i got my flash working but idk what to do about the apps its making my phone really slow anyway to kill em that guy recommended not using task killers..

theaustins513

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
yes i used the droid-life link phil posted and i got my flash working but idk what to do about the apps its making my phone really slow anyway to kill em that guy recommended not using task killers..

The Android OS does a great job managing system resources. I made the same mistake on my first Droid. I was coming from a BB Storm and countless battery pulls. I used advanced task killer and at first I was convinced that the task killer made Droid run better but over time I noticed that I could not run certain apps and I received a lot of FC's. I took the advice to uninstall the task killer but it didn't improve my phone. I wiped my Droid and reinstalled my apps. I never looked back after that. If you notice problems after those steps then you have probably installed an app that is sucking system resources from your phone. Unfortunately there are apps in the market that are not developed properly and there is no way to no which ones they are until you try them.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

gotice

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
having issues with WIFI since manual update to Froyo last night. Any one else having this issue? I have also lost the visibility of most of my photos, all though the thumbnails are still there under .photogallery, I do not see the actual photos in the gallery.

gotice

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I have done factory reset twice and still have the same issues. No wifi and photos gone. Any other suggestions? Is there a way to go back to stock 2.1 and wait for push? Should I try to reload 2.2 from a different link? Everything is working great with the froyo I loaded yesterday except for the two issues stated.

rans42

May 17, 2010
Visit site
When you reinstalled did you do it over the 2.2 or from a clean install? Mine is running slow and I am considering reinstalling.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
It really isn't going to matter as long as you don't see the gps symbol stuck in the notification bar. Just ignore what it says is running. This isn't a blackberry.

mediocre inc

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I have done factory reset twice and still have the same issues. No wifi and photos gone. Any other suggestions? Is there a way to go back to stock 2.1 and wait for push? Should I try to reload 2.2 from a different link? Everything is working great with the froyo I loaded yesterday except for the two issues stated.
my wifi is gone too. factory reset didn't fix it.

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I work 16 hour days and I beat the hell out of my phone. I need as much battery longevity as I can get! :p

other poster is correct. This is a huge misnomer that because an app is "running" that it's wasting battery. Maps has been running for all iterations of android that i've seen on droid so far and has close to 0 impact on my battery life. A program can remain "running" yet be idle and not use any cpu or battery. You will ultimately waste more battery by constantly checking what processes are running or using task killers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol