Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default WTH DROID

seriously need help here. i've followed every sites advise, read every last post, and tried every thing imagineable to get 2.2 and nothing works. My phone is locked to a 2.1 update voles something I can't flash spr, I can't downgrade to 2.01. It's not letting me do anything. nothing works. i can't even get rsd lite to flash anything to my phone everything fails.

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

ok, what is the exact condition of your device at the moment?
    Do you have root access?
    Do you have a custom bootloader? Which one?
    custom kernel?
    altered baseband? These last two aren't relevant, i'm just gauging your android understanding.

Whatever state you're in currently, are you ok with losing all of your data?
    Blackberry Storm 9530 (1 year)>
    Motorola Droid [Rooted] (Froyo 2.2 --> 1Ghz ultra low voltage) (8 months)>
    Motorola Droid X [Rooted] (Fission v2.6.1 --> 1Ghz--> low voltage)(10 months)>
    HTC Droid Eris [Rooted] (CM 7) (risky outdoors device)(current)>
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

Next device: Samsung Galaxy S II
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

yes i would be ok with losing all my data. the phone right now is back to a 2.1 update1 build number voles-userdebug 2.1 update1 ese53 25914 test-keys.....??? the download link stated it was an official build. I've tried factory reset, tried to re-root by installing spr recovery, and tried to flash a VZW build of 2.1, and also tried to downgrade to 2.0.1. For some reason RSD lite fails to flash with everything I try

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

just try rebooting into recovery.
    Power on the device but hold X, then press volume UP and camera when the phone no longer has the (M) logo. does that bring up the SPRecovery 0.99.3b? if not what recovery does appear?
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

m logo present. then explanation point with phone then i get into the android system recovery (2e). i see your helping on another thread of mine want to stick to this thread?

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

sure i didn't even look at the member being the same. That means you are using the stock recovery image. Do you want root w/ froyo or just froyo? i'd recommend root

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

root w froyo please..

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

what you need to do is look up how to flash a new recovery image onto stock 2.1. then you'll be able to then Flash a Froyo ROM that has root

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

thanks i'll look into it

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts

Alternatively, you could download the regular 2.2 w/out root and put it on the root of your sdcard. Files here -> http://mydroiddoes.info/froyo/update.zip reboot like you just did into the Stock Recovery, (HOLD BOTH)POWER+X followed by (HOLD)Volume Up + Camera, then select install from SDCARD update.zip
    Google Plus+
    Current Devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 - Samsung Charge