Exchange on Froyo

circustravis

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Before updating to Froyo on my D1, I was able to sync both my e-mails and calendar from my work's exchange server. Now I get "unable to open connection to server" when trying to connect. My server settings have not changed.

Anyone else having this problem?

bojowaggie

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
With my the old 2.1 you had 2 independent calendars.
You had Calender (which google used) and corp calendar (which exchange uses)
Now they are combined in just the calendar..

I was freakin out too, but once I realized what happened I was cool.
I had to change a couple things, it does not recognize all day appointments.
If you go into your google calendar you should see all the stuff you had on the corp calendar..

grandebob

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
Circustravis

I'm running into the same problem, and I'm trying to figure out what the deal is. I see the same message on my phone that you do, but I also get the following errors in my exchange server's log:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MSExchange Web Services
Event Category: Core
Event ID: 5
Date: 8/4/2010
Time: 12:40:18 PM
User: N/A
Computer: EXCHANGE
Description:
Unable to send a notification for subscription ********************************. Will retry.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at Events and Errors Message Center: Basic Search.

Bojowaggie,
What thread are you replying to?

jamwil

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I get the same error message on my Exchange email. Tried deleting account and re-adding it, but that hasn't worked. I downloaded a 30-day trial of Touchdown. Hopefully this gets resolved before then.

grandebob

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
Based on my research, this seems to be a problem with a SOAP call the device is making, possibly regarding the calendar. The server receives the request to be notified of events, but the device becomes unreachable.

Still looking into it.

circustravis

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
In my case, it was that 2.1 was ignoring the certificate error, and 2.2 refused to do so. Once the certificate was updated, it started working again automagically.

It leads me to wonder if there shouldn't be a way to warn you of the cert error, but then give you the option to ignore?

grandebob

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
I have a legit certificate signed by a trusted signer, so I doubt if that is the problem. My exchange logs show the device connecting, it just doesn't respond.

When setting up an account, I do get "authentication failed" which is odd. My exchange account never gets locked out or shows bad passwords.

jamwil

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Any Luck?

Have any of you had any luck getting Exchange to work again? Would it be worth the effort to try downloading the update file from a different location and reapplying it?

grandebob

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
Still no luck with mine. Certificate is legit 3rd party cert. I have no issues with my server and my palm, other android phones (Eris) or iPhones. I some times get invalid authentication and other times i get no response.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Exchange is working properly for me. Emails and tasks are coming through just fine. I do not use tasks as it's not supported anyhow from my understanding.

chipwich

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Broken here too with 2.2. Worked fine with 2.1, but now getting connection errors. Our cert is self issued, but that didn't seem to bother 2.1. Or is the "Accept all SSL certificates" switch not operative? Exchange 2007 in ActiveSync mode.

chipwich

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
OK, solved our connection issue with Froyo and Exchange 2007. It appears that you must have a valid certificate, even though there is the Accept all SSL certificates check box. I installed one from GoDaddy on ours this morning and my Droid connected right away.

isidore#AC

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Fix For Exchange 2007

OK, I fought this all day today for a client, and finally got it working. I hope this will help some of you.

First, we were using a self-signed certificate. Froyo doen't seem to like these, even with the "Accept All" box checked. So, get a third party cert. I used a 90 day trial from Comodo, with the intent to renew (at $350 for 5 years, it's a BARGAIN). Replace your current cert with the new one and make sure it services at least IIS (use Get-ExchangeCertificate in the Management Shell).

With this done, still no success. Going in via a browser on a workstation worked great - no more warnings about the certificate. When I tried the Droid browser, it said the cert was not from a trusted authority. So, two more steps to take.

Step 1 - In the Management Console, browse to Server Configuration-Client Access. Click the Exchange ActiveSync tab. Right-click the web site in question and choose Properties. Choose the Authentication tab and select Ignore Client Certificates. Click OK.

Step 2 - Open IIS Manager and expand the web site in question. Right-click on Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync and choose Properties. Click the Directory Security tab and then click Edit under Secure Communications. Again select Ignore Client Certificates. BTW - you should have Require SSL and 128-bit encryption checked. Click OK twice.

Exchange sync should now work. You might need to set the account up again, but I was doing this from scratch as my client had deleted his account before calling me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae