I realize that the home screen not rotating to landscape is a known issue. Maybe this is also old news: the home screen only stopped rotating after I changed the wallpaper. I had it for a few days before changing the wallpaper, and immediately after changing it, no more landscape on the home screen....

Or maybe it never did without opening the keyboard....now I am not sure!
    11-15-2009 10:45 AM
    I realize that the home screen not rotating to landscape is a known issue. Maybe this is also old news: the home screen only stopped rotating after I changed the wallpaper. I had it for a few days before changing the wallpaper, and immediately after changing it, no more landscape on the home screen....

Or maybe it never did without opening the keyboard....now I am not sure!
    I thought it was just me too but I am also sure that the homescreen used to rotate. I don't know why it doesn't now. But I'm glad to hear that someone else noticed it too. Maybe it does have something to do with changing the wallpaper. I don't remember when it stopped rotating, but I have noticed it in the past few days.
    11-15-2009 11:06 AM
    Mine doesn't rotate unless I open the keyboard.
    11-15-2009 01:59 PM
    Mine doesn't rotate unless I open the keyboard.
    Are you using the stock wallpaper?
    11-15-2009 02:11 PM
    I don't think it's the wallpaper. My wife and I both got Droids. I changed my wallaper, she didn't. Neither of our home screens rotates to landscape unless the keyboard is open, or I am running DockRunner.
    11-15-2009 02:18 PM
    It probably depends on the widgets on the screen. Many (most) aren't designed to run in landscape.
    11-15-2009 02:32 PM
    It probably depends on the widgets on the screen. Many (most) aren't designed to run in landscape.
    i don't think that would effect the function. something like the weather widgets clock doesn't work in landscape, but it just disappears when you go into that mode
    11-15-2009 02:36 PM
    the homescreen doesn't rotate unless you open the keypad or you put your phone into dock mode, that is normal. I hope they fix that in the update.
    11-15-2009 02:53 PM
    Now that's strange... My phone does rotate to landscape but only if I rotate the phone so the keyboard (if it was out) would be facing down. If I rotate the phone 180 degrees, it stays in portrait. I hope they fix that soon.
    11-18-2009 09:09 PM
    the app "dxTop" rotates.. it will use the themes from the others (aHome, panda, openhome), it has 4 home screens.... my fav so far...
    11-18-2009 09:12 PM
    DxTop does rotate but lags a bit upon rotating.
    11-18-2009 09:45 PM
    Screen rotates for me...I installed panda beta and have 91 panda home on droid with one theme. I now have a option panel when scrolling left of home screen. My option for rotating home screen now rotates the home screen.

Hope this helps....kinda stumbled upon it.
    11-19-2009 12:22 PM
    the homescreen doesn't rotate unless you open the keypad or you put your phone into dock mode, that is normal. I hope they fix that in the update.
    This is not correct, at least for my phone. Just to be clear, I opened a web page that wanted typed input (userID/password), rotated the phone to landscape and the homescreen roated without the keypad being open.

Glad it works for me, hope it doesn't stop
    11-19-2009 05:24 PM
    They are talking specifically about the home screen. Most apps switch without opening the keyboard, as we all want the home screen to.
    11-20-2009 08:42 PM
    They are talking specifically about the home screen. Most apps switch without opening the keyboard, as we all want the home screen to.
    Yep. Got it.
    11-20-2009 09:27 PM
    Hey discovered that there's an app called Samsung Desk Home made for the dock. This, while not the home screen, will provide a landscape 'landing' screen with the keyboard closed... although the apps that are displayed on this landing page aren't too useful and I can't seem to change them. Guess its no better and prob worse than 3rd party alts...
    09-10-2010 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD