For those of you with rebooting Droids. They can combulse and die!

REC0GN1ZE

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I too had a Droid that would reboot itself very rarely. Since I had it rebooted a couple times on me. But after coming from a blackberry, and reading through serveral forums I figured it was natural for the phone to do this, for whatever reason as others were having this problem as well.

My phone by the way is one from launch. I camped out for it. The manufactoring date for those of you curious to know was 39/09. Well the day before yeserday it had a random reboot, it wasnt dropped, or wet in anyway. Only this time everytime it rebooted only about ten seconds after it would get to the lock screen the Droid would reboot itself again. Over and over again.

I tried everything to stop the Droid from having these nasty combulsions, but to no avail. Multiple battery pulls including a half hour pull. Trying to hit the reset power button everything. I would sometimes get past the lock screen but when I would calls, browser wouldnt work. I would click on the icons and all I would see was a white screen as if it was trying to load. I managed to record the whole thing for a few minutes, including a battery pull on my storms video recorder, just in case it stopped acting up when I took it to Verizon.

After seeing it reboot for about 3 times they ended up giving me a new Droid with the manufactoring date of 43/09. Since then no problems, but then again the sickness didnt hit my last Droid until a few days of owning it. So my advice dont wait for your 30 days to be up if you've had a random reboot. A friend I know at Verizon's ,brother also had this problem but he didnt wait for this dealdly sickness to sink in. So my advice, stop lieing to yourselves its not normal. Exchange your Droids while you still can.:eek:

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
you can exchange your droid for a defect like that past the 30 day point. however i think within the 30 days you get a brand new one, and after they can send you a refurb if they want.

unless you have friends without scruples who work at verizon ;)

dpeters11

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
My first Droid rebooted itself, and reboot loops as well. I'd also get to the point where I couldn't connect to the network (my Storm1 right next to it had 4 bars.) Got a new one and no issue so far. My problems started the same day though.

Richa13er

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Pull the media card let it boot up. if that fixes it shut it down and reinsert the car. Mine was rebooting and that fixed it. It also fixed the GPS issue I was having.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
If you exchange it do you get another 30 days for the exchanged replacement? I've had both experiences depending on who I get at the vzw shop so I'm wondering if you all have had success with this.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
it really seems to be up to whoever you talk to, your "trial" period where you can just return the device or exchange it for a different phone if you're not happy with the droid doesn't reset iirc, but the exchange period i'd guess doesn't.

but everytime i've gone to get another phone, i get a new one because of contacts. and there's no paperwork, so i don't know if normally they have a process that goes through the POS to make record of when it was replaced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox