SMS Texting To Multiple Contacts

ChocoBilly

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Is it possible to do this by typing contacts names?

When I type text on the TO: field using the virtual/screen keyboard it'll show numbers as if I was using the phone keypad, but if I start typing numbers (area codes) via the same way a list of contact names that share said numbers pops up. The problem is... not all the contact names that have the same numbers (area code) show up. On top of that I don't remember all the phone numbers to guess whose number i should be typing.

It would be easier if I can just type a name and the pop up would show me existing contact names like the Mail app does. So, since it seems I can't even forward a specific SMS Text (I presume because of the threaded display) can the SMS Text be set up so that I can type names and not numbers?

Thanks ~

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i just type names, it'll show the equiv. numbers (ie if you type "AD" it will show "23") until it finds a match from your address book,then give you the option to choose what you want.

also, you can fwd parts of a text by longpressing on the section of the text you want to send and then choosing forward.

ChocoBilly

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Ah... the long-press works like a charm. The auto complete for contact names works half way. For example if I type a name it will show some of them but other names will not show up at all even after I typed the name and last name that shows in the contact list (also its a Favorite on my contact list). What gives? What makes some names show and other s don't?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae