Opening in pocket, and randomly unlocking??

D-LuX

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
So yesterday I was working at an art opening at my gallery... every once in a while, i noticed my droid slid open, and was unlocked, and had opened several apps... I of course locked the phone before i put it in my pocket... I switched to the pattern style unlock...

Just wondering if anyone noticed random unlocking on a system thats pretty specific to keep it FROM unlocking without specific fingerswipe.

Oh well just an issue i noticed...

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I carry mine in my pocket every day and have not had it unlock. Maybe your unlock button is to sensitive does it seem easy to push?

xiaosong

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I was just actually about to post this. I notice that the slider on my droid has started to open when it is in my jean pockets as well. I don't think it did this when I first got it but it seems like it is doing it more now, with both tight and looser jeans. It also somehow unlocked itself and dialed my voicemail twice, leaving a 3 minute message the first time.

My girlfriend says that her droid also slides open when she is just carrying it in her purse. I googled it and it seems like some people on howard forums are noticing the same thing.

xiaosong

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I think it usually doesn't unlock in my pocket even without pattern lock but I'm just worried that I'll sit down or something when the slide is open and it will snap the screen off from the keyboard.

Is anyone else worried about this or does this usually not happen with slider phones? This is my first slider phone so I'm never experienced this before.

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I think it usually doesn't unlock in my pocket even without pattern lock but I'm just worried that I'll sit down or something when the slide is open and it will snap the screen off from the keyboard.

Is anyone else worried about this or does this usually not happen with slider phones? This is my first slider phone so I'm never experienced this before.

Mine has never slid open, but I carry mine in a shirt pocket (side case is arriving today). Frankly, I wouldn't put mine in trouser or jeans pockets. Seems like you'd be risking a bump that might damage the screen, but that's just me.

I have opened mine to discover an app running that I didn't start. I suspect that I accidentally started the app when I slid it into my pocket, and when I opened it, there it was. Fortunately, I haven't called anyone by accident, although I've done that numerous times with my BB Curve.

ThirstyTurtle

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Mine has never slid open, but I carry mine in a shirt pocket (side case is arriving today). Frankly, I wouldn't put mine in trouser or jeans pockets. Seems like you'd be risking a bump that might damage the screen, but that's just me.

I've never understood why people are scared to put a phone in their pocket, but not to wear it on their side? makes no sense to me, carry it in your pocket with the screen in and nothing will ever mess it up, plus, are you more likely to hit something with your thigh or when something's hanging off your side? I don't know, dumb imo.

xiaosong

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I always carry my cell phones with the screen facing my thigh. I find that the holster tends to stick out too much and it would sometimes get caught on stuff walking around.

A group of us were actually talking about this yesterday and one of my friends said that he would rather carry a female purse then wear a holster. It was said jokingly but everyone I know (grad/med students) carries their phone in their pocket.

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I've never understood why people are scared to put a phone in their pocket, but not to wear it on their side? makes no sense to me, carry it in your pocket with the screen in and nothing will ever mess it up, plus, are you more likely to hit something with your thigh or when something's hanging off your side? I don't know, dumb imo.

I've carried phones on my hip for years and as far as I can recall, I've never bumped into anything. I probably haven't bumped into anything in the pocket region either, but it's just a matter of preference.

mrdonbonjovi

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I've never understood why people treat their phones so carefully. I will use care when using my phone for the first couple of weeks when its new, yes. But I absolutely hate the feeling of a case on the phone, a screen protector on. If you scratch the phone up... get a replacement. I had my storm naked since I bought it and I've dropped it many times. Yeah the marks hurt for the first couple of times I notice them but eh, gives it character. If I break my phone while out at the bar, i'll just get a replacement the following day. Plus I might even get an extra hour or two of sleep in the morning before the girlfriend calls. :)

TMH478

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

Right on!!!!!!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech