Getting my first droid

jwebste9

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
OK so i just purchased the original Motorola Droid off ebay and it will be here soon. Im switching from a bb storm 2. So all im asking is any suggestions to make the switch go easy, and what are the first things i should do/ look at when i get my droid?

I already backed my bb info up with google sync so i should be covered there. any other thoughts? Any advice/info is much appreciated!

Cubanjinx

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
When I made my switch from bb to evo all I did before it came out was watch any video I could about the phone ( mostly cuz I was excited) I found by doing that to learn wat the phone has and can do out of the box mixed with just toying around with it for a while you find everything u need to right in front of u. Once you learn the basics then I would suggest looking into new toys to put on it

jwebste9

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
So obvioulsy the Moto Droid is one of the older phones as compared to DX and Inc, but how will it compare to my S2? Is it still more advance than that? (from what ive read that is a yes) and also i read that vzw stopped pushing the froyo update? Is this true.

Redbird1

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
You'll love it compared to the S2. I had the S1, and don't miss it one bit.

You may want to start researching apps to load. I'd start with something like Note Everything. You'll need a good notes app.

Other than that, it'll just be a matter of punching in your google account info. You should then be all set to go. All your appointments, contacts and messages should start syncing right away.

likwidsoul

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I would look into rooting the phone. I did it with mine was done about 20 min after I took it out of the box. Now I always have the latest software and ui tweaks. Also if you played with the storm software like I did its pretty easy to get use to. All details and instructions can be found in this forum. Also theunlockr.com has step by step videos if you need them. There was an app called easy root but its gone now. Should be back in some form soon.

Wait just noticed they got how to videos here too in the hacking sub forum.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton