Got Froyo update OTA

dotheweb

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
I got the Froyo update message on my phone this morning. I want to update but I am rooted now, can I re-root after it is done?

EDIT: I found Easy Root, did upgrade and ran Easy Root, and rooted. All in all it was very easy. Froyo looks pretty sweet.

Last edited:

Scatabrain

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
To your question. Not known yet. I had problems trying to root after but i can't say for sure if it was me doing something wrong or not. The recovery mode couldn't mount my SD card. The stock recovery was able to fix my hosed phone with update.zip files. I had to use my storm 1 as a card reader to get the zip file on the card. And RSDLITE to remove recovery. Then lots of work rebuilding apps. I liked being rooted but the battery life is so good I'm staying this way for awhile.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

sixstorm

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
According to the front page on AC, it's the same build we could install manually from last week.

I'm still not thrilled about 2.2 . . . . maybe an update will fix some little things later.

therealwags

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm running Bugless Beast 0.4 (with the 800MHz) kernel. Is there really any reason for me to get the official build?

How is your battery life with BB 0.4? I've been running it for a week or so and it's terrible for me. I might be trying FRG01B just to see if battery life is better.

May 12, 2010
Visit site
How is your battery life with BB 0.4? I've been running it for a week or so and it's terrible for me. I might be trying FRG01B just to see if battery life is better.

It was terrible, but I just adjusted a WiFi setting (keeping it always on when I'm near a spot, such as my house) instead of turning off when the screen goes off. I went from having 80% when I went to bed to 5% when I woke up, to it losing only 10-20%.

therealwags

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
It was terrible, but I just adjusted a WiFi setting (keeping it always on when I'm near a spot, such as my house) instead of turning off when the screen goes off. I went from having 80% when I went to bed to 5% when I woke up, to it losing only 10-20%.

Thx!
Hmm, I manually control my WiFi (turn it off when not in use) and I go from 100% at work to about 40% left when I leave 8 hours later using only Seesmic (Twitter) and email (GMail & K9).

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Thx!
Hmm, I manually control my WiFi (turn it off when not in use) and I go from 100% at work to about 40% left when I leave 8 hours later using only Seesmic (Twitter) and email (GMail & K9).

When I'm at work, I don't have WiFi on and I notice a fairly significant drain (100% down to 30-40%). That's probably due to a combination of BB 0.4 and that the radio sucks a lot of juice always looking for a cell signal. Maybe the next release of BB will have this fixed? I imagine that he's aware of it.

It just doesn't seem like it's worth it to me to get the official release when I can manage the battery (it's not that difficult for me) and I can keep it clocked at 800MHz.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar