1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 2.2 Q

ok, once and for all, i pushed the 2.2 update to my stock 2.1 droid. no root. is that build frg01b, the same that is coming ota right now? if so, is frg22 a myth?

also, i really like froyo so far, but man does it lag when reverting to the homescreen or just basically after starting to use it after its been stagnant for a bit. once its going its real fast but it take a few seconds for me to even be able to scrill through homescreens after unlock.

It looks like FRG22 was just a rumor since they've started rolling out 01b again. I believe Pete and another guy compared the FRG01b builds and they were the same but just differed in the way they install. The earlier one supposedly just patched the existing files where the latest release wiped /system and installed.

There's a link on the main page ("Froyo updates resume for the original Motorola Droid") which answers your questions.

The OTA update is FRG01B. The other build isn't being pushed out (yet).

I also had slowdown when reverting to the homescreen. I put a "News and Weather" widget on my homescreen when I updated to FRG01B. I move that to another screen and opening home seems OK for the time being.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by PJnc284 View Post
    It looks like FRG22 was just a rumor since they've started rolling out 01b again. I believe Pete and another guy compared the FRG01b builds and they were the same but just differed in the way they install. The earlier one supposedly just patched the existing files where the latest release wiped /system and installed.

ok, that being said, is one choice better than the other? i mean, if the ota one is in the slightest a better install than the manual one, wouls you revert to manually installing 2.1 and waiting for the ota? and since i already have the 2.2 buils im guessing the ota would skip me so reverting to 2.1 is what i would have to do i presume.