Static on voice calls.

Mrwatch921

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Sure hope it fixes the static on voice calls, this is my second Droid :(

I've been finding voices sound great except for that faint static that follows when they get quiet. I called Verizon tech support about this because it can get really annoying. They called me back after troubleshooting the network and said it is a known issue which will be addressed in the 12/11 update.

teknomedic

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
My first Droid didn't have static, but a very slight whine... similar to a dog whistle. I think it was more an issue with the speaker or some internal shielding because it would do that noise while playing music as well.

My wife's Droid seem to have some static, but if it's a known issue then I'm glad they're working on it.

One thing that I'm having problems with though is that the phone speaker seems to have way too much bass so words tend to blend together. Is there a way to tone down the amount of bass?? or increase the trebble??

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Try changing your vocode setting in the Programming Menu:

To get into the programming menu, from the call screen, enter ##PROGRAM and press send. Enter code 000000.

In option 04, you can change the vocode option to EVRC-B, or 13K, it made my in-call audio sound better. Your phone will reset after you exit and apply the new setting. EVRC-B is the newer standard of the three settings.

Warning: Be careful what options you change in the programming menu, you could potentially brick your phone.

pmas

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I have static on my Droid and was just told by VZW tech to go to the VZW store and exchange it for a new Droid. There is no fix for this issue. Changing the codec will not fix the static issue that so many are having, though it is an outgoing quality fix, if you are having that problem. Lowering the volume during a call is not acceptable either. Since the static is a lower sound than the caller voice, of course it is gone when you lower the volume. But in anything but a totally quiet environment, it's difficult to hear the caller.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance