Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default End Of Android for me..

Well i've had android OS and the droid for almost a year and let me tell you it's a very good OS but I think it's time for a change I hate how my phone laggs for no reason,the screen forecloses,how the market forecloses,how the browser forecloses, how alot of apps arent stable. How my phone restarts for no reason and how when that happens it takes 10 minutes to load everything up on the home screen for it to work. How the camra quality sucks and how when i hit the camra app my phone restarts LoL! How now when i use froyo my screen like restarts and take the apps and everything for like 10 seconds annoying... Don't get me wrong it's a good OS but needs alot of work only reason i like froyo is basically because of full flash.

But I will be leaving android for a more stable iphone 4 who doesn't lagg or forecloses like this phone..

Have you ever considered taking it in for a replacement? Maybe you have a bad unit, you're still under warranty. I have a launch day Droid and it's perfect except for a janky headset jack.

Global Posts
    945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock and faulty

I completely agree with krazyrogue, that is NOT typical. This phone is way too big of a success for that to be typical. My phone is very stable even on experimental Roms. When I run a stock or base OS its nearly flawless.

P.S. If you think Iphone IOS 4.0 is more stable and doesnt spaz out your mistaken. My friend tried to play music through my car ipod/usb port and the second he got a text/tried to do something else the phone went into admiral major lagg mode. Then froze altogether.

If you want to switch, hope it works out for you but dont think iphone OS is perfect. Possibly more buggy with 4.0.

Here's to hoping AT&T coverage is good in your area.
    a little obsessive...
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zerosnake View Post
    Well i've had android OS and the droid for almost a year and let me tell you it's a very good OS but I think it's time for a change I hate how my phone laggs for no reason,the screen forecloses,how the market forecloses,how the browser forecloses, how alot of apps arent stable. How my phone restarts for no reason and how when that happens it takes 10 minutes to load everything up on the home screen for it to work. How the camra quality sucks and how when i hit the camra app my phone restarts LoL! How now when i use froyo my screen like restarts and take the apps and everything for like 10 seconds annoying... Don't get me wrong it's a good OS but needs alot of work only reason i like froyo is basically because of full flash.

But I will be leaving android for a more stable iphone 4 who doesn't lagg or forecloses like this phone..
    I just read through some of your prior posts. If your phone is behaving as you describe, point the finger at your app killer first before Android. Try hard resetting your phone, stay away from those killers, and be careful which 3rd party apps you use. Sounds like its too late though.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

The only thing I will agree with is the crappy pic quality, I get very few FC and don't think I have ever rebooted more then 1 or 2 times, bring it in for a replacement that way if you are going to sell it you will have a newer refurb phone and ditch those task killers

Default Re: End Of Android for me..

I hope you enjoy your 'stable phone' that drops calls if you hold it the wrong way.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ROM
    Stock

There is no perfect mobile phone OS except the old school Motorola Brick Phone.
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Bring back the Zach Morris phone!!!

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by mikejs78 View Post
    I hope you enjoy your 'stable phone' that drops calls if you hold it the wrong way.

yes to bad im right handed haha =)
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

I think you may regret it...screen is really gorgeous on the 4 though....

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

I had a D1 and lag is present due to the lesser amount of RAM and slower processor. When you overclock it, the issue should go away and the phone should be running faster without much lag. Also, you might be running the stock launcher which is kinda sluggish. I suggest running a different one.

But have you looked at the X, D2, or Incredible? They're a lot faster than the D1 and have much more memory so lag shouldn't be a problem. I even use a task killer on my X and don't experience any lag. But if you really want the iPhone then go for it. It's a great device.

Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock (for now)

Lmao I LOVE Android Central. If this were the Android Forum at CrackBerry, then the responses would entail vulgar insults, deathwishes, threats, and the announcement of the apocalypse.
    Sony Xperia Z1s
    Nexus 7 2012 (16GB)

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

Default Re: End Of Android for me..

I'm gettin' a jitterbug!!!!
    Seriously, though, sorry it didn't work out...I'm in my first month of the droid x and I can't believe how much I love it. Has it had a couple of hiccups? Yes. But, as someone said earlier, no mobile device is perfect. You just gotta find what's right for you!
    Btw I AM jealous of the app store, I can't help it. My itouch is full of super high quality apps, especially games...but I'm confident that android will get there! The android market is pretty awesome considering how much of a head start app store had...