1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Trying to update to Froyo

Ok so i got my droid yesterday. Was originally rooted with cutsom rom, custom rom had some issues. So after extensive seraching i learned i couldnt unroot with clockworkmod (or at least not with any way i found) so flashed to sprecovery, unrooted succcesfully, (tested with su command in terminal), and also reset to factory defaults putting me at:

2.0.1 build ESD56

when i check system update it says im up to date. could this just be because i just got it and it may take a couple days?

Anyways i was feeling impatient so i tried to update manually but i get an error soon as i get into recovery mode about E:\cahce\something\somthingelse

and then i cant click on restart or apply update.

Help me please
    And also if you downloaded the offcial manully does it not give you flash?

you need to apply the 2.1 update.zip THEN the 2.2 update.zip, and no flash is not included in 2.2 you will have to find it elsewhere; however, it should be in the market "soon"

I'm running Bugless Beast V 0.4 and it's been crashing lately. I got the push notification from Verizon once, but didn't install the official froyo then (I was doing something else.) Now I haven't seen the notification again, and I can't seem to get it back.

Anyway, I downloaded the 2.1 update, rebooted to recovery and it won't load the 2.1 update.zip. I get the Status 7 error. Any ideas?

Did you rename the file properly to update.zip, not update.zip.zip?
    a little obsessive...

Indeed. I can't get past the Status 7 error.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Yes this issue has been fixed, I was on 2.0.1 and you needed to be on 2.1 for the update to work, so manually updated to 2.1 then to 2.2.

NikkiHeat, is your recovery mode clockworkmod recovery? i could not do it in that i had to buy rom manager and flash to sprecovery then run it.

Global Posts
    966 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9-RC1, Stock

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiHeat View Post
    Indeed. I can't get past the Status 7 error.
    Make sure that wherever you've got the update.zip, there aren't any spaces in the path.
    Sweet Nexus Bliss.

Default Re: Trying to update to Froyo

And you can use RSD lite to go to sprecovery. But it's even easier to flash the 2.0 rom this way. Then use built in recovery to go to 2.1 and then 2.2. Rom manager is great for rooted phones but save the money if not rooting. IMHO.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk